Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sold my Collings and got a Pava

With my Flatiron and Sumi I’ve completely conquered MAS.....almost. Just one more please, a Pava A5. Oh how I’d love to have one. Good choice. Congratulations and enjoy.
  2. Re: Quite ill with a trach and a feeding tube

Am sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Does mandolin improve guitar technique

I’ve played acoustic guitar for many years, and the mandolin for six years or so. I feel the mandolin has definitely made me a better guitar player not only technically, but also in style. I’m not...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: personalised mando strap

Plus 1 for Mandolin Straps of Montana. Alan makes some very beautiful straps!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD #774 Ratliff R-5 (1999)

That’s a beautiful mandolin, and I’ll bet it sounds as good as it looks.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron "PerfRomer A" Label

Interesting that they misspelled Performer too.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: The age of my Flatiron Mandolin

You’re correct. I was just repeating what the OP had posted without thinking. My wife always complains about that. :(
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Not much of a mando culture in my area

I live in NC about two hours east of Raleigh. Like so many other places finding a music store that carries anything but low end mandolins is impossible. I’ve made it a point to know where several...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: First Post ... Newbie on the Road

Invest a few dollars in Mandolin For Dummies. You’ll find lots of good information about any number of things mandolin. It will give you some good things to work on before you start your lessons,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Custom Build Luthiers

His name is Ken Ratliff.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: I may need to change my next purchase

I’ve played four or five Pava mandolins, and every one was outstanding. I’ve got two good mandolins in my Flatiron and my Sumi, but I’m dreaming and scheming for a Pava!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Need Help on Mandolin Decisions

+1 for a good used Kentucky 900 or 950. A Used Flatiron Performer series should also be available in your price range with several now available in the classifieds. There is also a Gibson A9 in the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Hearing aids

Wearing hearing aids definitely changes how things sound...hopefully for the better. I took my mandolin in to my Audiologist's office and had her set one of my programs for "music". We worked back...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidify them?

The Caliber IV is a great little hygrometer available on EBay or maybe Amazon for $25.00 or so. It is essentially used in a cigar humidor, but fits in a mandolin case easily. It is extremely...
  15. Re: Feeler gauges for measuring string height question

When I use my feeler gauges I try to feel just the very slightest bit of resistance when sliding the gauge between the bottom of the strings and the top of the frets. 1 or 2 millimeters or 1/64” ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Did a good deed today

Awesome...I’m sure the kids will be thrilled. Happy Holidays!
  17. Re: GAS torture: decked out A-style or low-end F-style?

If you’ve had the Beartooth for a couple of days and”frikkin love it”, it’s a no brainer to me. Buy the Beartooth and continue enjoying it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie with a question

The 315 was my second mandolin, and I played it happily for a year or so. For the money, the 315 looks, plays, and sounds good. You won't be disappointed. If you can stretch your budget to $999,...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Action question

If you don't already have them, invest $5-6 on a set of automotive feeler gauges. You can use the various combinations to measure either in inches or millimeters from the top of the 12th fret to the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: A Potentially Touchy Question

I often take both my mandolin and my guitar to my jam sessions and play both (not at the same time :). I'll use my mandolin a lot for backup and rhythm, and guitar for solos. I've found that more...
  21. Re: How do you manage your multiple mandolins?

That would be my question too. They're both great instruments, but I'd bet on the Pava?
  22. Re: How do you manage your multiple mandolins?

I have two mandolins that I love and enjoy playing. I make a point of alternating them day to day so they wind up getting pretty much equal playing time. I also alternate them at the jams that I...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Pava F5!

Congratulations...a great looking and great sounding mandolin...enjoy!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Classifides

Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't read the menu! :whistling:
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Pava Pro

Congratulations...great choice. I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4