Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Musical Scrapbook from the Golden Age

Many years ago, I bought this scrapbook on eBay of musical brochures and concert programs, most of which are for mandolin or other plucked instruments. A few months ago I scanned it (to try out my...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Guitars Loses Flying V Lawsuit

End-stage parasitic capitalism. The legal leeches and investor vampires take over businesses and proceed to extract every last drop of blood from their acquisitions (and suing their competitors,...
  3. Mandolin Accompaniment to "The Very Thought of You"

A student of mine wanted a somewhat complicated accompaniment to the jazz standard "The Very Thought of You" in G major to perform with his wife who sings.

It worked well on the mandolin and it's...
  4. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

I really don't understand you guys. I am not here to bash religion. I don't want to talk about religion at all, which is the point. I know that historically Bluegrass music is steeped in religion and...
  5. Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

Greetings,
    I am looking to connect with like minded atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's. If you are out there please let me know. I have made this request on other forums but it keeps getting...
  6. Re: Another great Bach warm-up from Sierra Hull

Posting the video was nice.

Adding the pdf transcription and the picking video on top of it makes for an A+ effort!

Thx!
  7. Replies
    Views

After Piazzolla- crosspicking exercise

Enjoy
  8. Concerto Grosso In Em by William Boyce 1710-1779

Concerto Grosso for 3 soloists and string orchestra, transcribed for mandolin orchestra of

Solo -

Mandolin I concertante
    Mandolin II concertante
    Mandocello (or guitar)

Orchestra -
  9. Replies
    Views

Bagatelle for Solo Mandolin, no. 5

I posted this new recording on my So Many Tunes blog last night and then thought I would share it here also. Some of you will recall my Deer Tracks Kickstarter project from last summer (in fact many...