Search:

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Tonedevil FM product feedback requests

And if you like bold, nontraditional headstocks, hook scrolls, and that style of tailpiece, you could always just stretch your budget (approximately 10X) and go for one of these:
  2. Re: Tonedevil FM product feedback requests

My thoughts exactly.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Shane MacGowan has passed (NMC)

https://youtu.be/2PM3uCShlk4?si=5VtiAnZV14FwsELh
  4. Replies
    Views

Ruby Mae Shiels

Just came across this artist on YouTube--new to me but turns out she was featured on Mandolin Mondays a couple of years ago. As usual Dave B is way ahead of the curve! This recent video is a real...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar and mandolin anyone?

Thanks, Brad! I know that an OP can't moderate discussion on their own post, but I realize that I missed the mark (badly) with my choice of title. My intention was precisely to call attention to this...
  6. Replies
    Views

Guitar and mandolin anyone?

https://youtu.be/Nt33mGi_XRI?si=uROpJYEqaLMlEHP7
  7. Re: Winter's Tale 5 - free sheet music for mandolin trios

It's that time again! Time to bust out the five volumes of Winter's Tale and start playing through this fabulous collection of tunes. If you are a beginner, new to mandolin and trying to learn to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sinéad O'Connor

RIP.

https://youtu.be/_gTppAHVy28
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: a brand new July 9 Gibson

Related video:

https://youtu.be/YlrLJR9Wdnc
  10. Re: The Acoustic Shoppe Rank Top Ten Mandolin Builders

And the beginning. And in the middle. :)

I like their videos. They have a little nice little Click and Clack thing going.
  11. Re: Sam Bush and David Grisman named to the Bluegrass Hall of Fam

You know when you hear the news that a celebrity has passed and your first thought is "wait, they were still alive?" Well, as an at best casual BG fan, when I saw this thread title my first thought...
  12. Acoustic Shoppe Beginner Mandolin Comparison

A video posted in another thread reminded me that I was going to post the link below. Given the number of discussions of beginner mandolins and the frequent recommendations of the Kentucky KM-150 and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Rest in Peace Bobby Osborne

The NYT piece from this evening:
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Cormac McCarthy RIP

Well, there is a tiny bit of mandolin content, as noted by JeffD in the long-running thread 'Random mandolin sightings':...
  15. Re: AI chat for music, is it any good? ChatGPT?

Simon, I was playing that tune and I was really, really surprised that GPT had generated it. I am not at all surprised to learn that you wrote it after all. Certainly not rubbish, that's for sure.
  16. Re: AI chat for music, is it any good? ChatGPT?

Interesting, yours includes the chord changes:

17. Replies
    Views

Mama's Broke on Tiny Desk

There's only mandolin in the first tune but it is pretty sweet. A great duo.

https://youtu.be/yeFcUbGW1gA
  18. Replies
    Views

Mandolin inspired chess pieces

Seeing the album art for Gambit by Ethan Setiawan on the main page got me thinking it would be amazing to have a whole chess set with pieces inspired by mandolin headstocks. Here is my first attempt:...
  19. Re: Gibson Model Designations' (Very) Loose Connection to Cat Gen

This tracks. I read once that the 'F' in F5 actually stands for 'feline' (the scroll being meant to evoke the curl of a cat's tail). Whereas the '5' in F5 is the number of seconds in a cat's life...
  20. Re: Review: Fender Paramount Bluegrass Collection PM-180E

Nice! Sounds great. Looks like everyone is having a great time too!
  21. ChatGPT not replacing the Cafe any time soon

So I asked ChatGPT:

"What is the difference between an A style and an F style mandolin?"

Its answer?

"An A-style and an F-style mandolin are two different types of mandolins that differ in...
  22. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Meanwhile, over at Nyckelharpacafe.com the most active current thread is "Why can't we get a Chinese manufacturer to mass produce an affordable factory built instrument?"
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Not bad, I have seen worse

This builder is getting better with each attempt:
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

I use a lot of different picks but Blue Chips are my favorite. One thing that is worth noting is that they cost less than they used to. When I bought my first one over ten years ago it was $35. I...
  25. A heads up: Artistworks 50% off sale is on now

Three mandolin courses to choose from (Mike, Sierra, and Caterina). With the 50% discount 12 months of lessons works out to < 40 cents per day, so even if you don't use it to full advantage it's a...
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4