Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A new tenor guitar?

Hi Morix,
    I've sent you a PM as I live in France and have a couple of tenors I'm thinking of selling. If you live near me in France you'd be welcome to try some of my tenors. Even if they're not...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mole In The Ground

That's really kind, thanks; I'll look forward to giving this a go on my tenor guitar. I love all of Joe's tunes. Currently trying to get to grips with the instrumental "Bob's Bucket" from the same...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting into Jazz Tenor Guitar?

I'd actually put in a plea for GDAE tuning because people who tune CGDA can already access a lot of tenor banjo material whereas, to my knowledge, there's nothing jazz-oriented out there for the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Never Going Back Again, again

I'd love to see this, is there any way for non Facebook users to access it?
    Thanks!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Lester Leaps In

Wonderful! We're a small bunch checking in here regularly and you may not get as many comments as you deserve but I can tell you your postings are really appreciated and inspirational.
  6. Re: please help identify this mandocello from a German Site

I'd contact them, many German people speak excellent English and this shop also ships internationally. Looks like a nice instrument at a good price.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Beatles for Tenor Guitar

I use that Beatles chord Melody book mentioned above by Fox all the time for tenor guitar and find it brilliant, with some modifications to accommodate the longer stretches.
  8. 5-string tenor conversion from a Framus parlo(u)r guitar

I've been pleased to see the recent interest in 5-string tenor guitars on the forum as I'm a confirmed fan and have made a couple of them from scratch but have never been totally satisfied with the...
  9. Thread: Arthritis

by Mandocarver
    Replies
    Views

Re: Arthritis

Double-course instruments but especially the mandolin with its very high string tension are particularly hard on the fingers. At least for some of the time, you might want to consider playing a tenor...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New Tenor in the making.

Looking forward to hearing how it works out and well done for taking an alternative approach. Like you, I don't see any point in making instruments that can be bought off the shelf or made by others...
  11. Re: 5string franken-tenor project- "Snack Tray Resonator"

Love it, you could even eat your dinner off it in between tunes.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Jetel tenor guitar ?

I'm with Ombudsman on this - definitiely looks like a Regal. They're great little guitars and you got a real bargain there!
  13. Re: "Sing a Rebel Song" - a bit of bouzouki .....

Great musicianship and vocals. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
  14. Re: Hangin' Dog by Nancy and Norman Blake - Work In Progress

Great work. I think the slower pace suits this tune and makes it even bluesier. Just downloaded the tef file and I'll be working on it this weekend - thanks!
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Si Bheag Si Mhor

Really nice - you've done this beautiful tune justice and inspired me to make my version a bit more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 5-string CGDA nylon-string cello guitar

As long as the classical guitar you tried was in tuned in fifths, and you were happy with it, then go for it. The longer scale length means you can achieve the low C with a slightly thinner string....
  17. Replies
    Views

Well I finally managed to record a couple of very basic sound files, clams 'n' all, which I've uploaded to Soundcloud as I didn't manage to attach them here. They were done straight into my Ipad with...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: The Beatles for Solo Mandolin

I'd just like to say that this book is great. I buy many books that get opened only occasionally but I use this one on a daily basis. I've been looking for chord melody arrangements for GDAE-tuned...
  19. Replies
    Views

Go for it, I'd like to see more nylon-stringers out there. PM me if you'd like any more info or build photos.
  20. Replies
    Views

As Bill says below, it's a very gentle arch, in this case a 15 foot radius, created by making the plates conform to braces shaped to fit that radius in the following way
    The plates and...
  21. Replies
    Views

5-string CGDAE nylon-string cello guitar

Hi CBOMers,

Edit : I thought I had changed CGDA in the title to CGDAE but it is still showing up as CGDA in the list.

A while ago now I posted about my experimental nylon-strung “Rondocello”...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Sheet music for solo mandolin

I can heartily recommend Michael Reichenbach's published sheet music, especially his blues mandolin pieces which have been keeping me happily occupied for years now!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: The Beatles for Solo Mandolin

Thanks for the review Tommcgtx. Now I just need to find a retailer in Europe that has it in stock. The interest in this thread shows the need for chord melody materials for GDAE-tuned instruments...
  24. Re: Nylon string single-course mandocello-type thingy

Thanks. The tuning's CGDA - mandocello. The strings are just the Gold Tone CB4 cello banjo set - all wound nylon strings, something like .048, .042, .034, .024. The bottom C's a bit flabby,...
  25. Re: Nylon string single-course mandocello-type thingy

Many thanks for the nice comments. Sorry that the sound file didn't work for some people. I think the problem is that it was made on a Mac and there are some compatibility issues for some users but...
Page 1 of 2 1 2