Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Czech Hymnbook for fingerpicking CGDA musical instrument

I attach a recording of my entire book. Czech Hymnbook for fingerpicking CGDA Tenor Guitar (I have not just recorded two songs)
    It was a hard slog. Whether you like the song.

2. Replies
    Views

Re: McCoury's CD's

Don't forget "Del & Dawg Live" Double CD, came out about a year ago, tons of traditional mandolin all over this. David gets more than one break on some tunes and it is cool to hear how he plays them...
  3. Replies
    Views

Great versions of Dead tunes on the Travelin' McCoury's CD..."Loser" and "Cumberland Blues"...fabulous!
  4. Replies
    Views

Two great records for sure.

And I'm not just saying that because Ronnie 'liked' my Instagram video of Baltimore Johnny yesterday! (Though that was freaking cool! :cool:)

I was surprised the TM...
  5. Thread: Alvarez mandolin

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Re: Alvarez mandolin

Nice deal!

I own an Alvarez Yairi guitar that’s basically a D-28 copy from ‘77. It’s one of the best sounding guitars I’ve ever heard/played and one with which I’ll never part. They’ve made some...
  6. Replies
    Views

Texas Swing with a mandolin

So I saw one of my favorite bands "Asleep at the Wheel" recently and noticed one of the fiddlers now plays electric 4 string "mando" on some songs but mostly just doubling up the higher guitar licks....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Heavy gauge strings (J75) on a vintage Gibson A

Mr. Block can argue all that he wants. After having worked on a couple of hundred of these mandolins and seeing what has happened to many that have been heavily strung, I am comfortable with my...
  8. Replies
    Views

I completely agree, neither 74 or 75's are the right choice for that bird, simply don't drive the top the way they should. I think you'll get much more from it with a lighter gauge string.
  9. Re: This weeks mandolin that won't get a bid or buyer

Calling Dr. Sandra Lee! (Some of you will get the reference...)
  10. Replies
    Views

I've worked on many Gibson mandolins made between 1910 and 1930. These mandolins were NOT made to handle either set that has been mentioned. Not only do you risk warped necks, you also risk sunken...
  11. Blog: David Davis & the Warrior River Boys - Didn't He Ramble

I've posted my review of David Davis & the Warrior River Boys new CD Didn't He Ramble: Songs of Charlie Poole. Just released on Rounder Records, this CD marries the pre-bluegrass music of early banjo...
  12. Re: Is mandolin easier on the hands/neck than acoustic guitar?

Yes. I have always found the guitar neck to be a struggle. With a mandolin neck I feel in control.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Marshall & Brian Oberlin - Roly Poly

We do this song. Wish I could do it like this!
  14. Replies
    Views

Mike Marshall & Brian Oberlin - Roly Poly

Monsters of the Mandolin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Y5fvtP8oFI8
  15. Re: Why old time and bluegrass are not the same.

For me music of all genres constantly evolve. Like the evolution of Charley Monroe's 1948 version of Rosa Lee McFall up thru the Grateful Dead version. Not everyone likes being inclusive, but I sure...
  16. Learning to play Mandolin - A Beginners Happy Accident

Just thought I'd like to share my experiences with anyone that is thinking of trying to learn to play a Mandolin or i guess any musical instrument really.

Social media isn't something I use but...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Store to try before I buy?

I live in Annapolis MD. In any sort of reasonable driving distance to me in that price range the only thing you might get new would be an Eastman. Appalachian Bluegrass in Catonsville MD has about 12...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Improvement By Thinking.

It is called "The Think System," developed by Harold Hill.
  19. Thread: Pava

by biologyprof
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

Hi Folks and thank you for the congratulations sent my way. Yes, I’m Greg D from Pennsylvania. I’m actually just a tad north of Pittsburgh. Although I don’t post much I’ve been a member here since...