Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

You could say exactly the same thing about guitars. Just substitute “guitar” for “mandolin” in your post. And yet the popularity of electric guitars far outpaces acoustic guitars in terms of units...
  2. Re: how many of you venture up to-or beyond the 18th fret ?

I think you’re all showing off! :) Save for the 12th fret (to check intonation) I never go above the 7th, that’s nosebleed territory.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Woman's History Month pic

The only real omission I can think of is Sharon Gilchrist. But it is great.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Woman's History Month pic

Sarah Jarosz and Molly Tuttle would be two. I like the pic, so I'll add them here. As always good job MC.
  5. Replies
    Views

R.I.P. Mac Wiseman

Don't know if this has been posted yet:
    "Very sad news in the bluegrass and entire music world today. Mac Wiseman has passed away. The "Voice With a Heart" was 93 years old. He was a musical...
  6. Replies
    Views

I'm Baaaaack

Hi all. Sorry to have had to drop out of sight for a while, but I hope I can get back into the swing of things now.

I don't know if this is familiar to y'all, but I wanted to share this with...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmas Card for Mandolin Cafe

Merry Christmas Cafe peeps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjBa-tg2bHs
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you speed up the left hand?

Google "guitar speed burst".
    Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK3yH3WPb-A
  9. Replies
    Views

Some arrangement for mandolin

Hi there,

I've been working quite a bit on a project lately and I'd be really grateful to have your opinion about it.

At first, I wanted to make live videos but a friend who helped me in that...
  10. Thread: Jethro and Roy

by Perry
    Replies
    Views

Jethro and Roy

Sorry if this has been posted before; heck worth another look anyway!

Jethro smoking up the fingerboard.

p.s. for some reason I can't get the hang of posting a YouTube on this site:
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to polish picks?

Hi Rob - I've re-shaped / polished a few picks (& Thumb picks),not because they were worn or scratched,but because i like a certain point 'shape'. I use a Saphire grit nail file - pretty cheap these...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: MAS -> GAS: Which effects pedal?

My mandolin EFX pedal board goes: POG nano -> EBS chorus -> EBS phaser. Three is enough, and it's quite a small board. Among the three of them, or one or two at a time, I can cop a keyboard type...
  13. Replies
    Views

Dude, I feel your pain. EFX are a Pandora’s box, for sure. I read every one of these threads until my brain hurts, and then I go have a drink (or three) and play something acoustic for a couple of...
  14. Replies
    Views

If what you really need is just a slap back echo, then find a used Flashback mini, and load in a slap back tone print. FWIW, I find the Flashback v.1 perfect and mostly just use the lofi and slapback...
  15. Replies
    Views

I Love Cappuccino - Mandolin Blues

Michael Reichenbach, a member here, has published 4 tunes with Astute Music, available as paper or download. I think they were written a while ago, but the videos seem to be new.

16. Re: EV PL37 - an alternative live mandolin mic to consider

Yeah... the tight pattern would work in that context. Oddly enough, I know these have been out there for a while (believe they were introduced in 2008!) but I had never actually encountered them...
  17. Replies
    Views

Sleepwalk with Mandobird VIII

To play electric mandolin is another world, really. One must to deal with amplifiers, mics, pc software, etc. and the technique! a strong pick stroke/tremolo and you get distortion...sometimes is...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Inside the Ellis and Pava Workshop

19. Replies
    Views

Inside the Ellis and Pava Workshop

Hello fellow Cafe friends and Happy New Year.

My wife and I travelled over the holidays to New Orleans and San Antonio before stopping in Austin for a few days. I had reached out to Ellis...
  20. this is just a cool video, watch how they focus in on the

instrument and hands of each player, just a well made video with a different approach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEFXm7eobg
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Need Metronome Recommendation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ORXRhMY-g :)) :)) :))
  22. Replies
    Views

My new painting of Ol Bill

I gave my sister in law my old Rover RM-75 and commissioned this painting as payment. Just got it yesterday. She's got skills.
  23. Thread: Zorro

by mandoguitar
    Replies
    Views

Zorro

The "mythical" opening theme of the famous television series produced by Walt Disney and broadcast around the world between the late '50s and the' 60s, in my arrangement for classical guitar....
  24. Replies
    Views

Wayfaring Stranger Mongolian Throat Cover

Maybe bluegrass has some Mongolian roots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5oHBMo1pQk
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing with accuracy

Do use the FFcP exercises, but here is a practice technique from violin teaching---change the rhythm from equal notes to a dotted rhythm, or like a jig instead of a reel. Long---short-long---short-,...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4