Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

beautiful melody played oh so nicely
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Calhoun Just Ordered

My little Calhoun Wide Nut came in Saturday and I got what I was after a nice even mellow tone across strings, not bright and bitting. Good to see one here likes there's. I started with an Eastman...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin As A New Direction

Some excellent thought provoking comments. First I want to apologize to anyone that inquired about my listing as I have now deleted my listing. After getting up early this morning and reading the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin As A New Direction

listed, now excuse me I have to go throw up...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Is It Possible to Fake It?

With all due respect I totally disagree with all of this...

In this case and most cases here we aren't talking about advanced professional players who are playing classical music, composed music,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Is It Possible to Fake It?

Studying music theory, scales, modes etc etc will not make you a good player but actually can be a constraint in a way...there are many more music theory buffs that can talk a good game, explain...
  7. Thread: Barefoot

by CBFrench
    Replies
    Views

Barefoot

So I was sitting around playing stuff on my mandolin and Everyday I Have To Cry Some came along. I was doing it in a guite slower tempo G Am D that was pretty cool. Decided I'd see if there were any...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How to practice Circle of 5ths

Now what was the question again? Oh yeah, now back to the regular scheduled program...you can probably better find your answer on the tube

you can take a look at this...

9. Replies
    Views

Re: iReal Pro Charts

Sorry from moving away from ireal pro...This is guitar but as long as you can hear the notes you can find them on any instrument...you can play the same lick in ANY key. Practice it to start in the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Ready to get my hillbilly on!

Nursery rhymes and Christmas tunes you can hum and find the notes in 3 octaves in as many keys as possible, start with one key, one octave...ear training
  11. Re: Latest ignorant question: Bout like "boot" or like boxing mat

i like trippy thoughts...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Way to Practice Moveable Chords???

well first you may know I hate the word Jam! It started off with jazz musicians many years ago and has regressed to anyone who owns an instrument now, :confused: anyway...

There's different skill...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Diving Duck Blues

I guess all the years playing blues and jump blues on guitar keeps coming out on my mandolin
  14. Replies
    Views

Diving Duck Blues

Steve James

https://youtu.be/YrOOtx50zC4
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange is now Watchhouse

Mandolin Orange
    This Side Of Jordan

Mandolin Orange
    Haste Makes Waste

MaNdOlIn oRaNgE
    tIdEs oF a tEaRdRoP

while lIsTeNInG to my mo pLaYlIsT
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange is now Watchhouse

I dunno, I never was a Prince fan so his name change meant nothing to me. I'll be keeping their playlist I have as "Mandolin Orange"...the song is ok but it won't be going into my MO playlist. And...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: "Heart of Gold" by N. Young harmonica intro

edited, deleted video
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: XT we barely new ya!

Everyone's looking for a pleasing sound to their liking. Myself I've never cared for a coated string on any instrument. Used D'Addario EJ75 and XT's on my mandolin but liked Mangan and Straight Up...
  19. Thread: Levon Helm

by CBFrench
    Replies
    Views

Re: Levon Helm

Here it is and a great tune to know and play... https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/154050-Rag-Mama-Rag
  20. Thread: stand or sit?

by CBFrench
    Replies
    Views

Re: stand or sit?

Now that's it...it's that sitting natural unamplified sweet tone...it's the natural tone of the instrument in a peaceful setting or should I say sitting.

Do you have a spare chair?
  21. Poll: Re: Vintage Flatiron Performer A (1993, Bozeman) vs Eastman MD305

I've never played a Flatiron so I'm no help there. I started with an Eastman 305A didn't know anything much about playability and tone differences on a mandolin. I kept it about 2 months. The only...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip pick for oval hole mandolin

well bound to be some likers out there...I've always use the shoulder of a pick no matter what instrument I'm playing, it just gives a fatter tone to me, I never use the pick tip, just my pick...
  23. Thread: I'm Proud

by CBFrench
    Replies
    Views

Re: I'm Proud

I've only been trying to learn my way around on mandolin for about a year, played one occasionally bout 40 years ago but guitar kept me busy working jobs.

It's that tone that is so addicting, the...
  24. Re: Hamilton Holanda & DDG4 - Just amazing playing

that's quiet impressive, not expecting the lady to come in take it to another height...
  25. Thread: I'm Proud

by CBFrench
    Replies
    Views

I'm Proud

I kinda sorta pretty well figured out 2 more songs tonight, Minor Swing and Whisky Before Breakfast, I'm starting to like my mandolin...

Learning new tunes is fun ain't it, so what you working on
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4