Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Breedlove American 00

There's a nice looking American Breedlove on reverb for $799. I think they represent a good value at that price.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Need mando advice

I've played three or four Morris mandolins and they all sounded real good. Actually helped a couple of students get them. if you can get past their tacky peg heads they are are very good for the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Morrises sound like a great twang for the buck. Nice prices for axes that get good reviews and are handmade in North America.

That's the way I'd go—and get something fancier when I'm Ryman-ready.
  4. Replies
    Views

Google Mike Black, his A's look and sound great to me, and should be similar in price to others you've listed.
  5. Replies
    Views

Your main problem will be finding any two you mention in one store at the same time. I have played all but the Morris. I own a Silverangel which would be very good for the styles you wish to play....
  6. Replies
    Views

Your short list sounds like a good one.

Play as many mandolins as you can. Do road trips to get to them if necessary.

Choose the one that speaks to you personally and is most playable. Do basic...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin lessons in AZ

If you don’t find something I’d suggest Skype, as long as you have good internet it’s almost as good as in person...the days of jerky jerky connections are gone and it’s real time feedback. After...