Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Mastery webinar training coming up

Looks like it’s offered again on Saturday, January 15.
  2. Replies
    Views

Keeping a practice journal

Anyone keeping a practice journal? I’m considering starting one to help give some focus/intentionality to my practice, keep my repertoire in good shape, and capture learnings and ideas. Curious about...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Strategies for learning without teachers?

I’m coming up on 5 years of playing, and most all of my instruction has been via video. Sharon Gilchrist’s courses have been great resources, and Chad Manning’s PegHead course on music theory is...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Subscription Tutorial Sites

I really like Sharon Gilchrist’s courses on PegHead Nation...it’s good to have a curriculum to move through. She gives lots of technical tips as she is teaching songs, and explains the music theory...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What's the most fun way to learn the fretboard

Learning the main bluegrass arpeggios got me to learn the fretboard better. I also used Fretboard Learn (mentioned above) on my phone. Not even an hour’s worth of time using the app spread out in 3-5...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't be nervous

If there isn’t a jam in your area, just start one up. I went to a jam that was too far from my house to be a regular thing, met a guitar player there who had also come from near where I live and we...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Goals for 2019

I set a number of goals this fall, the main one being to have about 20 "jammable" songs -- songs I can play fluently with some embellishment (i.e. multiple A parts and multiple B parts) -- by May....
  8. Using Wunderlist to organize my practice time

Once upon a time in my work life I started using index cards to track tasks, but then I moved to the Wunderlist app. I was contemplating starting to use index cards to organize my mando practice —...
  9. Re: Collings MT and Weber Bitterroot F: newbie play test this wee

I went ahead and took the plunge on the Colllings MT! Thanks for all the helpful ideas. I played them all again today, and I did enjoy the Weber more than yesterday (there was less competing noise in...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Hosted my first jam!

Hi Bill -- I wanted to make sure anyone replying as clear on my level, so no one would be disappointed! So here's what I posted:

"Looking for other beginner/advanced beginner bluegrass players for...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hosted my first jam!

Would never have guessed a year ago that I'd be hosting a musical jam session at my house today (of course that's not the only thing I wouldn't have been able to guess a year ago). I hadn't even...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking at a used Kentucky KM-805 for $550

Thank for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and bought the 805. I love those inlays/enlays (?) It seems to be in great shape to me, except that it needs new strings (guess I need to learn to learn...