Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

What's bogus about the mandolin notation for...

What's bogus about the mandolin notation for mandola is that while it is a quick fix in terms of getting the right notes played, it leaves you with a false sense of harmony, in terms of what your...
  2. Replies
    Views

G5 is a symbol for an incomplete "root and 5th"...

G5 is a symbol for an incomplete "root and 5th" or "power chord"

F5= 53xx
    G5= 00xx
    A5= 2200

They do match the guitar versions and sound great, especially on octave mando!
  3. Thread: Left wrist

by jmcgann
    Replies
    Views

I would not suggest palming the neck- ever. I try...

I would not suggest palming the neck- ever. I try to keep a straight line down my arm through the back of the hand. I've never had tendinits, carpal tunnel or anything like that after 38 years (o my...
  4. Replies
    Views

There is SO much contained within the modes of...

There is SO much contained within the modes of the harmonic and melodic minors that you could study on those quite awhile. I just got Mick Goodrick's Almanac of Guitar Voice Leading and it is...
  5. Replies
    Views

The Guitar and Mandolin Tab Reader's Guide To...

The Guitar and Mandolin Tab Reader's Guide To Standard Notation by John McGann.

A totally free 4.4 MB file to help you transition away from tab. Learn to read notation and you can access any...
  6. Replies
    Views

Back around 1980 I graduated from Berklee, where...

Back around 1980 I graduated from Berklee, where my main focus was on learning theory and composition. I could play OK but my tone and technique were "not happening", and I couldn't figure out why I...
  7. Thread: Yes...

by jmcgann
    Replies
    Views

Yes rules!

Yes rules!