Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Help identifying a fiddle tune

The first tune is St. Anne’s Reel. Hoping someone here would be kind enough to help me identify the other tunes in this medley.

Thanks in advance for any assistance I may receive!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Really good tremelo exercises?

There’s another thread somewhere here at the cafe forum (maybe more than one - probably more than one....) that has a link to this YouTube video with one of the single most helpful resources I have...
  3. Great profile, and an important conversation....

Great profile, and an important conversation. Thank you for this feature article!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The latest in plectrum technology.....

Nearly six-fold thicker.....
  5. Replies
    Views

The latest in plectrum technology.....

Just when you thought there was nothing left up those pick manufacturer's sleeves, they hit us with this.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Capo for an octave

The more I use that little Kyser the more I like it. I used Kysers on my guitars for ages. Then a couple of years ago I discovered the new Shubb fine tune capos and have used them ever since (but I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman OM - a one-month review

Here’s a link to a video I made playing Dry and Dusty on the MDO305. Really having a great time getting to know this thing.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: A very water-damaged bowlback

It doesn’t look like the tuning machines would merit the starting bid. I really want to know the back story on that one. Could be a case of a spouse who got tired of listening to their partner’s...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman OM - a one-month review

Thanks for the info, and glad you are enjoying your OM.
  10. Re: Just upgraded my iphone for the first time in nine years. :)

I really like AudioStretch for slowing down videos. I take videos of my teacher playing chord progressions or demonstrating some technique or a nice lead idea, and then slow down/loop the video to...
  11. Re: Sound: opinions sought on technique vs instrument, i.e. anti-

A) I bought a 305 last summer to take camping so I could leave my Northfield M safe at home. I really love that 305, but to be sure the Northfield has a much more complex and richer tone than the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Need advice on how to set up for looping

I too have been returning to looping as a practice tool. It appears you have another option with your RC-3. It has a mini stereo aux in which enables you to record and loop audio from any MP3 player....
  13. Thread: Pleks picks

by lukmanohnz
    Replies
    Views

Pleks picks

Here's an interesting plectrum supplier I was not previously familiar with:

http://plekspicks.blogspot.com/2012/12/pleks-handmade-professional-guitar-picks.html

Anyone tried these out? They get...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Carbon Fiber Mandolin

Well I guess tastes vary a lot - I think that mandolin of yours is stunning. I would love to have such a beautiful piece of functional art as part of my collection. Maybe someday....
  15. Re: Stumbled across this great version of Cold Frosty Morning...

Tim and Eric are phenomenal pickers. I took a mandolin workshop from Tim at Walker Creek Music Camp a few years ago. Drinking from a fire hose - he gave us so much great instruction, it was truly a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis F5 Fern at Gryphon

I played that A5 with every intention of buying it. I have a Northfield M but I fell in love with all the figure and polish of the A5. I brought my M with me for the audition. I spent quite a while...
  17. Re: Best app for generating natural-sounding guitar rhythm tracks

Here's another option: https://strummachine.com/. The only downside is that it requires a $5 monthly subscription (which can be reduced somewhat by paying for a year in advance). I used it for a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: ‘Beach’ mandolin

It's already growing on me (played it another hour or so this morning ;-). The Northfield M is definitely NOT a case queen - it's got plenty of honest play wear on it and will continue to accumulate...
  19. Replies
    Views

‘Beach’ mandolin

I visited Gryphon in Palo Alto today to shop for a budget mandolin for road trips, camping and air travel so I can avoid bringing my more-precious-by-the-day Northfield M on excursions where it would...
  20. Replies
    Views

Beautiful chalk art at Seattle Art Museum

My wife and I were in Seattle on Friday and Saturday. It was our first visit to this beautiful city. While walking near the Pike Place Market (highly recommended!) we passed the Seattle Art Museum...
  21. Re: How much does a Northfield actually cost to make?

One can also look to Taylor, Martin and other domestic manufacturers and compare the materials and cosmetic details on, for example, a D-18 and an OM-45 De Luxe Authentic 1930, which is 3000% more...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender Tru-Shell picks

Those Tru Shells are definitely a great low-cost alternative to Red Bears. I have several of both the Fender and Red Bears that I’ve shaped and beveled in subtlety different ways, all with good...
  23. Replies
    Views

Nice Statman interview...

...over at the FJ...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking song suggestions, cool groves

Not entirely sure what you might be looking for, but Old Dangerfield and Old Ebenezer Scrooge are both great tunes. Mandozine probably has TablEdit files of both. Big Sciota and Stony Point are a...
  25. Art TubeMix - Nice little mixer/USB audio interface

I needed a small mixer with USB connectivity since I gave my Mackie ProFX to my son. I was looking at the PreSonus and Allen & Heath ZED mixers but realized I would likely never make use of all the...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4