Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: FFCP, minor and pentatonic scales

Ted, many thanks for sharing the FFcP Index page. It covers so much material. You rock.
  2. Replies
    Views

I've Gotten Really Into Tenor Guitar

Hey folks!

It's been a long time since I've posted. Over the last year and a half or so I've sort of fallen off of the mandolin wagon and into the tenor guitar world. I bought a 1971 martin tenor...
  3. Replies
    Views

Bill Bussman passes

I just got the news from other bandmates that Bill died, apparently from a Heart Attack while bicycling. As a bandmate of nearly 20 years I am dumbstruck, Bill was only 74, younger by 3 years than...
  4. Article: Introducing ASsestra - Relief from Chronic Stringed Inst

You can view the page at https://mandolincafe.com/forum/content/938-Introducing-ASsestra-Relief-from-Chronic-Stringed-Instrument-Purchasing

5. Guitar ads in Classifieds halted effective immediately

Effective immediately, the Mandolin Cafe is discontinuing new/used guitar listings in our Classifieds unless those postings are made by pre-existing...

Read this blog entry...

This entry posted...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Sucks being a Canadian sometimes

This discussion has ventured long and far enough outside of the original question and the posting guidelines of this site and has now ended.
  7. Re: Change to default search on main Forum page

Holding the shift button down while you click on the search button, or any link, opens the result in a new tab!

NH
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin player wanted for established band

Our Band is BlackDiamondbluegrass.com and we are on FB; if you check us out, you can see that we're primarily a BG band but do venture into other genres as well as several original compositions. Our...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: TAMCO retirement.

That’s my Clark GOM you’re holding there Ted. I wonder what happened to the Nuggett?
  10. Replies
    Views

Mandocello compositions

These are pieces I wrote for CMSA Open Mic, 2020 and 2021, a mandocello solo and two quartets. They are a small part of the wealth of mandocello music I gathered from much more experienced composers...
  11. Swing Mandolin: Rhythm and Chord Solos with Aaron Weinstein

Hey folks,

I'm doing an 8 session workshop on Jazz Rhythm and chord solos. It'll be fun fun fun!! You can find more info here:...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: best use of GIJM and Jethro books

Ok this is good advice and in parts what I have been doing so far. but here are some observations regarding that.
    Part 3 is the easiest and the most fun - we are playing and integrating tunes that...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Easy jazz chords (guitar)

It's possible to do some of this on mandolin but Ted Eschliman, our chief moderator, is the only person I know who can really pull it off.
  14. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

I'm not here to have that discussion but if you'd like to find like minded folks why not take a trip over to Facebook and create a group. You'll find like minded folks. Since you're not looking to...
  15. Replies
    Views

the key of Ab on a 5-string ?

DSQ plays "Freight Trane"(Tommy Flanagan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umFWV3zYgO4
  16. Replies
    Views

Used my tenor in a school project

I made this video for a graduate creative writing course. The prompt was to "shoot and edit a TV commercial promoting something you like, hate, or are otherwise interested in or compelled by in some...
  17. Surf's Up! New J.L. Smith (4-stringer)

NOTE: instruments that are currently for sale in the Classifieds cannot be discussed by the seller on the Forum. This is clearly covered in our posting guidelines.

- Refrain from using the forum...
  18. Replies
    Views

The Don Stiernberg Quartet - New Release

Called Straight Ahead.

Not enough ooo's in Smooth on this one. Simply terrific.

I got mine here

https://donstiernberg.bandcamp.com/album/straight-ahead
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Ordering strings--any luck recently?

I think the comments have probably gone beyond the posting guidelines. Let's put this one to bed.
  20. Replies
    Views

Over and Out / Paul Glasse & Aaron Weinstein

Here’s a fiairly new tune I wrote called Over and Out. It basically a blues with a bridge, in the key of F. I made a simple iPhone video of myself playing the melody and the very talented Aaron...
  21. Replies
    Views

painted mandolin case of fb

And now if we could just paint a happy little tree in there. (I wish I had painting talent):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176129459177351/
  22. Replies
    Views

Change to this Forum's title

Minor change in the "general classical" Forum category just now from:

Classical, Italian, Medieval, Renaissance
    to
    Orchestral, Classical, Italian, Medieval, Renaissance

This was a suggestion...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Choir Practice Turns Fatal

Sad story but we are headed in the wrong direction here. There are plenty of places to have this discussion on the Internet.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Eva Scow - After You've Gone

Ted, that is also one of my favorites! Great, great music. I've had to repeat order from cdbaby to give as gifts.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Gigs Cancelled - Health and Safety

In looking at this a question was asked, a question was answered and a discussion has ensued that has little to do with this forum. Let's keep the Cafe as the place you can go without the political...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4