Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

Eastman typically protects its international dealer network. Best course would be to arrange communication through your local Eastman Dealer or their regional sales representative. Unlikely you could...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

I’ve reserved my ire for those that call it a ukulele.
  3. Re: O.K., It’s Black Friday, so Where Are All The Deals?

Agreed on the AirPods Pro 2. Picked up a pair on a vacation trip to Switzerland (full retail) and have been stuck on them since. Compact for travel and great for working out and chores around the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: FFCP, minor and pentatonic scales

Some of these remain on the archived JazzMando site: Pentatonic, Dorian/Minor, Augmented 11th
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Ted Eschliman

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Bussman passes

So sad to hear this. I enjoyed watching his prolific craft, and even more, his insane wit and dry humor. The world is a better place because Bill walked the planet. He left a legacy in his friends,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Valuation?

The Guideline’s goal is to prevent self-promotion in the Forum. If you start a thread to discuss your instrument for sale, that’s not allowed. Someone else can talk about your items in the Classified...
  8. Re: Please Update - Acoustic Electric Mandos Available 2023

Going to help with spell check malfunction and assume Chuck intended to type “Rigel.” Very much agree with this and previous suggestions.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: I Just Bought A Violin

Attempting to learn the violin was one of the biggest failures in my musical career. The bowing was just too much for me to get. I tried playing in our church orchestra for Easter service, and when I...
  10. Re: Mandolin player wanted for established band

OP has agreed to share more information, so the thread is open again.
  11. Re: Mandolin player wanted for established band

With the sparse information from a first time poster, the Cafe community can’t tell this solicitation from spam. Shutting this down for the protection of its members.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Okay, I honestly need to know...

If grousing about Site Policies and the merits of protecting Artist royalties and livelihood are a huge preoccupation for you, perhaps there are other places on the Internet that can provide for your...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: acoustic/electric mandolin in 2021

For future reference, posting Guidelines discourage soliciting personal instruments. The Classifieds section is the appropriate place, Want to Buy.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Can I get more JazzMando picks?

My signature picks were simply the standard 346 D’Andrea Proplec with a gold ink logo stamped on the other side. I think I sold through several dozen gross over about 8 years. I don’t know why the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Ted Eschliman

63 today. That’s 3 years into losing that new ‘60s sheen.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Music store etiquette?

Retired from 40 years of music retail, I can tell you no matter how many hours we spent keeping our display instruments tuned, weather and “newness’ made it impossible to keep them 100%, and we...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: I Need a Favor

This is a most honorable venture we support in spirit. That said, we need to establish a precedent that future charitable efforts can comply with in a safe and efficient manner and prevent the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Tortoise shell pick alternative

Apologies to all who want to discuss the alternatives for this material. We have a long history of individuals who don’t understand our well established policies of restricting the discussion of...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Listing of 3-string chord shapes

One hint to finding more 3-note chords, in the Learn/Listen section do a search with the word “vamps.” It’s more contextual than catalog, using the chord positions for energy and drama in otherwise...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: off topic

As defined by the Thread Title.
  21. Re: No mandolin content: Nursing musical grudges?

These conversations ultimately inevitably end up in heated political discussions, well outside the scope of this Forum.
    Apologies, but we’re closing this one down before it gets there.
  22. Re: **Josh Pinkham, Red Diamond Mandolins, and D'addario Picks**

Last weekend I was cleaning up my photo library and coincidentally ran across this May 2004 photo of Josh and Mike Marshall jamming after the main concert.

Boy all growed up now!

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Eva Scow - After You've Gone

Fresh Eva:

https://youtu.be/kKBKxlWRXtE
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: yamaha mandolins

I was a Yamaha Guitar dealer for 40 years. Never once heard of them making a mandolin, at least for the US market. Unlike a lot of fretted instrument companies, they pretty much make theirs from the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Eva Scow - After You've Gone

Eva’s 2009 album “Sharon by the Sea,” a duet project with guitarist Dusty Brough remains in perpetual spin in my library. She is truly a rare talent worth checking in to. We need more Eva.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4