Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Radio has moved

Mandozine Radio has moved to Torontocast. New listener page and links here:

http://www.mandozineradio.com/listen.html
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Is there a FFcP type exercise for chords?

I don’t know if this will be of use to you, but I have some resources on Chord Groups and Movable Chord Shapes on Mandozine.

Chord Groups
    http://www.mandozine.com/resources/chords/chordgrp/
  3. Replies
    Views

New Web Players for Mandozine Radio

New Web Players for Mandozine Radio. Display popup player or new tab.

http://www.mandozineradio.com/listen.html

4. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Radio now on iPhone and Android

Mandozine Radio is now available on iPhone and Android.

iPhone - https://goo.gl/CpH23z

Android - https://goo.gl/zUGTz6
  5. Replies
    Views

New Mandozine Radio platform

Mandozine Radio is being launched today on Sonixcast, a radio host located in Canada. Earlier in January, Live365 (the host for Mandozine Radio for 10 years) was shut down. Thousands of stations went...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Dave Apollon Photos

Here's the article on Dave Apollon written by David for Mandolin World News.

Russia to Vaudeville 1897-1940
  7. Replies
    Views

New Don Stiernberg Album!

Don Stiernberg - Good Numbers
    At music festivals,jam sessions, parties, gigs,and hangs, there's a saying musicians use after a particularly satisying jam: "That's a Good Number!". This project is a...
  8. Thread: No Way!

by johnbaxter
    Replies
    Views

Re: No Way!

I've been playing uke for almost 10 years as a result of arthritis in my left hand. It caused me to have to give up mandolin. My experience with the uke community is that there is a much larger...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone poems- instruments?

Here's the links to the Tone Poems mandolins. I've also added track lists with instruments used for Tone Poems and Tone Poems II.

Mandozine: Instruments

Tone Poems Instruments

Tone Poems II...
  10. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Radio may be shut down

Mandozine Radio Needs Your Help!

Mandozine Radio will be shut down by Live365 by Jan 31. I have launched the station on Radionomy, but I have to meet their listener hours requirement to remain on...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandozine Radio: 10 Years

Unfortunately, Live365 doesn't support Linux. Personally, I think that's a mistake.
  12. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Radio: 10 Years

10 years ago today, I launched Mandozine Radio. I am deeply grateful for the listener support and artist submissions. Mandozine Radio is approaching 180,000 listener hours. During the last year I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Theme Time on Mandozine Radio

To celebrate the new year, I have added Theme Time for Mandozine Radio to my playlist. The Theme Time series presents various genres or themes. These playlists are scheduled during the week at 9:00...
  14. David Grisman is Featured Artist on Mandozine Radio

For nearly half a century, mandolinist, composer, bandleader, and producer David Grisman has been a guiding force in the evolving world of acoustic music. His musical range is wide and deep -...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Left hand arthritis

Sorry to hear that Ken. It's the reason I had to give up mandolin. I switched to ukulele, but I probably won't be able to play uke in a few more years. I'm thinking about exploring dobro. Wishing you...
  16. Re: End of the Mandolin Symposium in Santa Cruz, CA each June

It's a sad day to learn that the Mandolin Symposium has come to an end. I've recorded the student concerts for the last 12 years, (with the exception of 2005 and 2011 when I was traveling).
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: New Rich DelGrosso CD coming out

Rich DelGrosso has recently joined with guitarist Mary Flower and multi-instrumentalist Martin Grosswendt to form The Ragpicker String Band. Their new album launches August 14, 2015. I have a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: The mandoline in France

The link for Patrick Vaillant is out of date. Here is the current link:

Patrick Vaillant CGOW Interview
  19. Replies
    Views

Mandozine and Mandotunes merged

I have moved all Mandotunes content to Mandozine. All video files are now hosted on my Mandotunes YouTube channel, and audio files are hosted on Soundcloud. I will keep the existing Mandotunes site...
  20. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Symposium 2015 Videos

I attended the Mandolin Symposium last night and have uploaded videos to my YouTube Mandotunes channel. Here's the link to my Mandotunes Playlist:

Mandolin Symposium 2015 Videos
  21. Replies
    Views

Vintage Grass Valley Photos

These photo's were taken at Grass Valley, I believe in the summer of '81. I remember taking photos but I think these were sent to me. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember who that was. If you...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Jazz Mandolin History

Bruce Graybill has a lot of jazz standards on his "The Bell Effect" CD. Also, a few other jazz oriented players are:

Dave Holodiloff Jazz Trio
    The Michael Hitchcock Trio
    Duo Vibracao
    Harmonious...
  23. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Radio Music Library

For those of you interested, I've added my music library listing to the Mandozine Radio site. This list consists of almost 1,500 ablums, with a track list, from which I select songs for the playlist...
  24. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Transpose Tool

Mandozine Transpose Tool

A few years ago I created a mandolin transpose tool for my personal use. I used it to explore chord progressions in various keys. I have uploaded it to Mandozine for those...
  25. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Note to Tab Tool

About 8 years ago I created a Note to Tab Tool for personal use. I wanted something that would aid in creating simple Tab riffs. Of couse for any complete transposing I use TablEdit. This is a bare...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3