Search:

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp VS Booster Pedal

i have to agree with mr. greenspoon i live and die by my l.r.baggs venue and have to say none of any of the other one's sound any better or worse. although the venue is
    a good way to sculp your...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sad news - Jesse McReynolds passes

Bluegrass today just released a statement saying Jesse McReynolds is under hospice care and isn’t expected to live much longer.
    Sad news, one of the greats to say the least, that just leaves Bobby...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: minor ii V i question

I am not a jazz chord expert, I was trained in and taught AP Music Theory, the curriculum of which is focused on what most would consider "classical" harmony and the "AP test." I've had people tell...
  4. Re: Article: Eastwood Announces Crowd Funded Airline H35 Batwing

Oh my oh me!

Gonna feel a lot different from a Harmony original, since those have floating bridges. But you can't deny that this is a looker.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Devine Noise

Hah! I though this was another thread about an avant garde band!
  6. Re: What’s the nicest mandolin you’ve ever seen?

gross
  7. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

Well, well, well ... Ain't that a sight for sore eyes!

206091 206092

Steve
  8. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

Stainless steel frets leveled, crowned, and polished. I think we are ready for some hardware here!

Steve
  9. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

R0gue,

The key difference here is that no other carbon fiber builds include the complex three dimensional graduations of material which I have created during the development of my "Cold Forging"...
  10. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

After more than a decade of doing French Polished finishes, the learning curve for getting an excellent sprayed clear coat on these Kevlar/Carbon Sprites has been quite steep. Finally, I'm...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Hi guys, this is Ian, the head luthier at KLOS Guitars. Thanks for all your comments and support. I was planing on making the mandolin a traditional A style, with a 12" radius fretboard, and a nut...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Seeing that you can get pickups as an add-on option on their guitars and ukuleles with multiple options for pickups, I think it's likely they would give you that option on these too.
  13. Re: Michael Kelly producing mandolins again in 2023

Michael Kelly at one time was the economical mandolin du jour. Their products were a great place for a person to start their mandolin journey or if their economic situation was tight to do their...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Eastwood S Mandola

I know how you feel about the pickup on the Eastman vs the pickups on the Eastwood S. I have an Arrow G5 that cost more than 5 times my JBovier FMC 5. Between the hollow body and the single Kent...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Four or five string vs. eight string

My views on electric mando playing are probably contradictory to so-called "norm" on the topic. (I will exempt the electric Tiny Moore, jazz archtop hollow-body guitar style of playing, from my...
  16. Grover 409 Tuner Installation Guide for Eastman F-style Mandolin

Christmas brought this very good boy a new set of Grover 409 tuners.

I have had my 2016 Eastman 515 for over two years now and I have no major complaints about the tuners that came with them...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Four or five string vs. eight string

I've played around with 4, 5 and 8-string electrics, and they just do different things. My favorite, without question, is a 5-string octave semi-hollow, that I built basically as a scaled down...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois M5A Mandolin

David, I think the phrase you're looking for is "that ain't no part of nothin'."

But Bill was just translating Kohelet: גַּם־זֶ֥ה הֶ֖בֶל וּרְע֥וּת רֽוּחַ׃
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 tuning machines upgrade

Put 409's on my 615 last month. Big improvement.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 tuning machines upgrade

Yes Grovers are a great bargain. I've put 309s on several of my A style builds and they are nearly as smooth and predictable as Rubners. If only they had replaceable knobs or at least other options....
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: A pedal tuner question

If you invest in another tuner, I would recommend a TC polytune, especially for tuning mandolins. It nails the pitch instantly and is very accurate- helpful for getting both strings in a pair in tune...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Rick Turner has passed into Eternity

Rick and I butted heads on a number of occasions and I'm a better builder for it.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

Whatever Doug says; you can take to the bank!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

Armrest and Tone-Gard is the best combination for volume and tone
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Which portable amp?

Bose S-1 Pro is the way to go! I use two with a ToneMatch and they are great! NO issue with max volume, lots of headroom.

Billy
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4