Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: What makes strings go sharp?

Interesting! I hadn't thought of this. Sounds like it's time for a single subject repeated measures experiment with tuning order as an independent variable...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky-brand info

The word "professional" can mean a lot of different things. Personally, I would not consider even the highest level Eastman or Kentucky pro-level builds, but rather good quality...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Reel picking

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense to me. On some tunes with a very strong triplet feel for the main phrases (e.g., Maids of Mount Kisco, Toss the Feathers in Em) it feels like each of those...
  4. Replies
    Views

Reel picking

I played fiddle for many years and have picked up the mandolin here and there. Now I've decided to do the necessary woodshedding to get my right hand up to speed. My question is, when it comes to...
  5. Replies
    Views

Wissahickin Drive

I think Liz Carrol wrote this tune. Love the way it sounds on my new Poe Scout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_4yo2LbPpA
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Poe Mandolin Build

Here's a quick noodlin sound clip - a few open strings, a couple licks, a wee bit of chop (I don't profess to play anything close to BG mind you), a few more licks, and one time through an old Irish...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Poe Mandolin Build

I'm a bit speechless in anticipation of receiving this in the coming week.
  8. Replies
    Views

Poe Mandolin Build

After obtaining a mandoquin from Andy Poe, which he kindly made an additional mandola bridge and nut for, I commissioned a Scout. I was so blown away by the tone and volume of the mandoquin/mandola,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT2 Tangerine Burst

Here is a picture of the birdseye back. I did buy the instrument new.

And here is a picture of D'aquisto's Centura which, from what I can see, has been an inspiration for the folks at...
  10. Replies
    Views

Collings MT2 Tangerine Burst

I just brought this home yesterday. It was a bit of an impulse purchase but as soon as I saw it I had to have it. HAD TO. :mandosmiley: As you might guess from the ink on my arm, this particular...