Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Into the Cauldron 20th anniversary celebration with Mike Mars

Thanks Rob! I get a lot out of doing these and I’m so glad you’re enjoying them
  2. Re: Into the Cauldron 20th anniversary celebration with Mike Mars

Hi everyone.

Part 2 is now live, featuring interviews with some great mandolin players who were inspired by Into the Cauldron, including:

- Daniel Patrick (Mandolins and Beer podcast)
    - Jarrod...
  3. Re: Into the Cauldron 20th anniversary celebration with Mike Mars

Thanks everyone! I love getting to do these, they're a lot of fun
  4. Into the Cauldron 20th anniversary celebration with Mike Marshall

2023 is the 20th anniversary of the release of Mike Marshall and Chris Thile's 'Into the Cauldron'.

To mark the anniversary and celebrate the album, and the influence it's had on a whole...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings mandolin redesign?

What I do know is that Collings currently has one person working on mandolins, so that’s why output isn’t high at the moment.

I interviewed Steve Nall last year. Here’s the episode if you want a...
  6. Replies
    Views

New Sierra Hull podcast interview

Hi,

I've been putting together a bluegrass podcast for the last couple of years and have just hit the 250 episodes mark. To celebrate I sat down with Sierra Hull before her show here in London...
  7. Podcast interview with Harry Clark

Hi,

I don't generally talk about the podcast here, but there's a new episode I thought might be of interest to some of you (I generally only post them here if there's mandolin related content in...
  8. Replies
    Views

Dan Tyminski Tony Rice tribute EP

The new Dan Tyminski EP is amazing.

https://tidal.com/album/236222035

Really cool hearing Dan play mandolin on a Skaggs/Rice duet with Billy Strings too!
  9. Re: Steve Nall (Collings Guitars) Interview

Thanks for sharing the interview. That’s my podcast - Nully was incredibly generous with his time and it was a cool conversation to get to be part of!
  10. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

It’s Old Joe Clark on the podcast this week - you can listen and jam along here
  11. Re: New year goals - advice for getting better at practice

There's a great book on how to practice called The Laws of Brainjo. It's based on the science of how our brains learn, but it's also super readable (and doesn't just apply to banjo).

If you want...
  12. Re: Cost of sending a mandolin from US to EU?

I heard recently that shipping from the US to the UK has got a lot more expensive, in part due to the fact that there are fewer flights happening, therefore fewer planes to put freight on. I tried to...
  13. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi everyone. This week I've added four brand new episodes for Liberty at 75 bpm. Enjoy!
  14. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

First tune of the year on the podcast is Beaumont Rag at 75 bpm - all 4 episodes are live now.

Happy new year!
  15. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi. I've got one final set of backing tracks this year - Salt Creek at 85 bpm

Next week I've got a special interview with Josh Turknett, author of a fantastic book on how your brain works and what...
  16. Replies
    Views

Mike Marshall interview

Hi. I run a podcast called Bluegrass Jam Along. I normally keep updates about it to the 'Jams, workshops...' section of the forum to avoid spamming too much, but I thought this one might be of wider...
  17. Re: There are more pickers near me than I realised....

Ha! Definitely still in both last time I checked…
  18. Re: There are more pickers near me than I realised....

Might be worth adding something to the BBMA Facebook group too (if you haven't already). Might be some other UK players near Manchester. I'm no use to you sadly, all the way down in London :)
  19. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi everyone. The 100th episode of Bluegrass Jam Along, featuring a special interview with Bryan Sutton is now live on the podcast!

Hope you enjoy it! I’m lining up more interviews so if there’s...
  20. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

This week on the podcast it's Angeline the Baker at 85 bpm. Links/chords etc at bluegrassjamalong.com/the-podcast

I'm also starting to add interview episodes to the podcast. I'm recording the...
  21. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi everyone. We're stepping things up a little on the podcast this week and playing Cherokee Shuffle at 85bpm. I'm going to keep adding tunes at 75bpm too but will re-visit some of the ones we've...
  22. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi. I’ve added Cherokee Shuffle to the podcast. Links to various platforms can be found at https://bluegrassjamalong.com/the-podcast/
  23. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi everyone.

I'm trying something different on the podcast this week.

It's based on something Bryan Sutton mentioned on the ArtistWorks course I'm on about stamina being the key thing for all...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Rigel tailpiece problem - help!

Great, hope he’s got some left!
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Artistworks question

Having some form of feedback is important to me. As a guitarist I tried Peghead Nation for a while and Scott Nygaard is great - I particularly love his arrangements of the fiddle tunes. But, in my...
Page 1 of 2 1 2