Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. New Tim O'Brien Release Today - 'He Walked On'

Happy to see that Tim O'Brien has a new recording - released today.

It's available via his web site, and across platforms. I'm giving a first listen via YT:

HERE

(For the life of me, I...
  2. Thread: Alec Finn RIP

by kmmando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Alec Finn RIP

http://www.kevinmacleod.co.uk/alec-finns-instruments
  3. Replies
    Views

Update From The Mandolin Store

Received the following broadcast email from The Mandolin Store this morning. Text as follows as an FYI for those who may not have received it:

Hello Friends,

I'd like to start off by saying...
  4. Update on "The Irish Mandolin" - and other stories

Hi all...

I hope everyone is staying safe and sane in these disrupting and troubling times.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to give an update on The Irish Mandolin, the website I started to...
  5. Re: Tom Bedell's TED Talk on sustainable woods for instruments

I believe that acceptable substitutes for ebony and rosewood need to be found. I am currently working with Osage Orange for fingerboards and am going to try making bridges out of it. It is rated in...
  6. Tom Bedell's TED Talk on sustainable woods for instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWbRP9dYJLw
  7. Replies
    Views

Rubner tuners are back

After awhile of not having Rubners available they’re back! My only complaint is that they’re not on every mandolin I’ve ever made. Drop what you’re doing and order a set. Let’s make sure they stay in...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Pretty Mando. Great playing !
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Show Low AZ

My son was there last week covering hundreds of miles on trails with his mountain bike, but without his mando. Said he was never outside hearing range of semi-automantic weapons fire. You might want...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Matsikas Zouks

I have a 4 course Matsikas myself, not like the one in the photo though. cost me about €550 from Thomann in Germany. Its not my main zouk but Alec Finn was always a hero of mine so I got one to try...
  11. MC Players of Irish Traditional Music - Feedback Wanted From You!

Dear all,

I'd be very grateful if any of you (specifically those who live in North America and play Irish traditional music in your repertoire) would take a few minutes for this research survey...
  12. Replies
    Views

Five Hymns for Fingerpicking GDAD Bouzouki

Songs: Ejhle, oltář; Zdráva buď, Panno Maria; Ó Srdce Páně nejsvětější; Na své tváře padáme; Hořké muky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lvKFCC5wCI
  13. Re: Finally! Got My Hands on a Flatiron Zouk! (relocated)

Catchy tune. Nice chord progressions. I won't judge your instrument but I really like those harmonics and triplets. What I mean to say is you are fortunate to exist in a state of "smooth."
  14. Re: Finally! Got My Hands on a Flatiron Zouk! (relocated)

Sounds great- aged woody tone

nice pickin too
  15. Re: Finally! Got My Hands on a Flatiron Zouk! (relocated)

Congrats on the 3K! I love mine.
  16. Re: Gibson Mandocello - A Beauty from the 20's

Gerry, the sheet music was offered by the composers, and was given out at the conference. No expense there, some selections were even posted here in the cafe. Give me your email address and I'll send...
  17. Re: Gibson Mandocello - A Beauty from the 20's

I felt that way with my K2 as well. But I fell for the luscious curves of a K4 and traded up. To be honest there's not a whole lot of difference in the tone and playing, although the price was almost...
  18. Re: Gibson Mandocello - A Beauty from the 20's

Some of those old Gibson mandocellos are really something special. When I lived in Seattle last year, they had a Gibson K1 in for a few weeks. I went to the store three times just to sit and play it...
  19. Re: Gibson Mandocello - A Beauty from the 20's

Yummy.
  20. Replies
    Views

Thile interview

NPR has a new interview with Thile recently posted:

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/06/700533036/the-thistle-shamrock-migrations-with-chris-thile?ft=nprml&f=1039
  21. Replies
    Views

Rubner tuners

Visited with Michael Heiden yesterday in Creston B.C. who had ordered a set of Rubner
    tuners for me.
    The existing tuners gave me problems, I always spend a long time tuning and re-tuning,I did put...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile and Vulfpeck

Thile's cover of a Talking Heads song backed up by Vulfpeck during the show was so good too.

I think this clip confirms that this is no longer an old people's show from Minnesota anymore.
  23. Replies
    Views

Alec Finn RIP

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/1116/1011338-de-dannann-co-founder-alec-finn-dies-aged-74/

A huge loss.

Rest in Peace
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: TOH Weber warranty

I am not certain that there is 'no' original Weber content in the TOH Webers. Design means a lot in these instruments and other than the recent neck joint design change, I'll bet Bruce's finger...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Live From Here on now 10/20/2018

Epic a capella Blind Bartimaeus at the end of the show with musical guests, especially The War & Treaty. Hope they post it on youtube.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4