Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Regal Octophone - vintage photo

Every so often I buy a vintage photo and I found this one the other day. The image of the boy in his new looking but oversized hat and coat (perhaps bought large to grow into?) makes it worth having...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Etiquette

I am no expert but I would just talk to the other mandolin player and let him know you are happy to just play rhythm
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Abandoned instruments???

I wouldn't go off half-cocked on this one.
    Consult somebody who knows the law in your state.
    Asking musicians for legal advice does not seem wise to me.

I know this-- a piece of paper with a...
  4. Replies
    Views

first Silverangel for 2019

Just strung up!:mandosmiley:
  5. Replies
    Views

Electric Viking Mandolin

Hi,
    I got tipped that this community would perhaps have some interest in this instrument.

This is a custom made mandolin made by Harald Hougaard of Norway. It is a normal scale mandolin tuned as...
  6. Re: Silver Angel Mandolin - Buy in store or have built?

Thank you everyone for your help and encouragement. I contacted Ken and I'll be a Fantasma owner very soon! Can't wait. Now, to figure out how to play it well. LOL
  7. Re: Silver Angel Mandolin - Buy in store or have built?

If you had to choose between your El Fantasma or the Econo A, which would you prefer?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Monteleone Mandolins

Here are four of five Monteleonr mandolin family instruments that were in the NY Mandolin Orchestra circa 1985. John came to our concert and we took this quartet photo. There was one other person who...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: super glue stained spruce

Isn't that why they created bursts?
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking your Mandolin for a walk...

I guess it could be worse. You could play banjo.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Danny Ferrington

Way to put the FUN in dysFUNctional, Martin...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Danny Ferrington

Time to resurrect this old thread. There's a 1976 Danny Ferrington F5 on Ebay - actually two listings for the same instrument. Ships from Japan. Seems that there are some major instruments being...
  13. Replies
    Views

PLEASE READ: Server Issues ongoing

As most of you know, we had a serious hardware issue with the server last night around 7:40 p.m. that wasn't discovered for an hour because, well, we have other things like families, other interests,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Old-Style Full-Backplate Tuners

These just popped up on eBay. Not Martin but the tuners underneath might be the same. I've never seen these metal buttons on a Martin.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Old-Style Full-Backplate Tuners

I suggest you contact Charles Johnson of Mandolin World Headquarters, he has a huge collection of Martin mandolins. I am sure he could steer you in the right way.
    Here is a link to his webite...
  16. Replies
    Views

An open letter to Classifieds users

I'm typically not one to engage in open letters to the community, but something has been gnawing at my brain for a very long time. A few days ago I was contacted by a buyer with a question regarding...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Silverangel Econo "A"

Really? You don't know how many mandolins you own? Must be a nice problem to have.....I know exactly how many I own.........just one!��
  18. Re: Gibson F5 Mandolins: New David Harvey builds

Wow, if signed Loars were made that nicely, they'd be worth a ton of money now.
  19. Photo of Arnold Shultz and Uncle Pen Vandiver and Luther Shultz

20. Replies
    Views

Re: Silverangel Econo "A"

The only thing I avoided was binding on the back, everything else is there like top of the line, and the price, well, I guess I'm crazy. The sound of this mandolin is off the charts, has it all,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Silverangel Econo "A"

Here is the first of 10 of my econo A's. Old violin look.:grin:
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: A case for locking the case

Allen -
    I read a little Arabic and I'm quite sure it translates to - Only A Gibson is good enough
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe police report

Classic. Years ago I had a cafe member that doesn't come around anymore give me details that he said were missing from that report. According to him a small safe was found down the road that was...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Rite

Still, no reason to admonish someone in public. We can do better. This is a forum for discussion. Best to treat people with respect. I see no reason to indicate any trouble is being stirred other...
  25. Re: Distractions while gigging - what bothers you the most?

I'm distracted naturally.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3