Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Hey Mick's back!!

Nice. Congratulations!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for a decent recorder, need advice.

That sounds wonderful. You did it with just an iPhone? Wow!
  3. Thread: Pick grips

by Carl Robin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick grips

I got the "mojo grips" picks in the mail, it's a pack of 3 yellow picks with the little slip-over rubber grips. They are nice. For the purposes of this post, I pulled out a yellow pick, put one of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Budget Brands - Under $800 F Style

It depends too whether you're talking new or used/nearly new.

When I saw a used Eastman MD-315 locally, I jumped on it. I love it. Forget the original asking price, maybe over $500. I got it for...
  5. Replies
    Views

I actually have been pining for something better myself and a step toward a $300 to $500 instrument would be a BIG step up for me. I have very limited funds and have been learning on a Rover RM-25 I...
  6. Replies
    Views

OP if anyone gives you junk about your choice of mandolin that you are satisfied with, put the tape over his mouth.
  7. Replies
    Views

Yep. My first mando was a Kentucky 675-S made the first year after their move to China. They were obviously still working out some kinks, and mine was a bit of an eBay disaster. I did a ton of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Well elmicko there u have it.I also bought a washburn when I bought my mandolin.dirty word for most here. I could have easily ordered a $15000 dollar mandolin at the time and not empty my account.but...
  9. Replies
    Views

I think finding a good playing good sounding F style under $1000 is a matter of luck not brand on the peg head. As has been said on here many times at the lower end an A is, as a rule, better than a...
  10. Replies
    Views

I agree with those who say that you have done well. If for five hundred and fifty bucks, you've found something you love...that's loud and clear and has the woody tone etc, just be thankful and enjoy...
  11. Replies
    Views

Having a budget of $0 for new instruments, I am curious myself as to the same question. At least I get the impression you are really just asking what the best brands are in an F-style under $800 for...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie Alert

Welcome to the cafe from another newbie!

I recently bought the A model Washburn like that, and really like it. It's fine to play and to learn with, best of luck on your mando-journey.
  13. Thread: Newbie Alert

by PH-Mando
    Replies
    Views

That is a nice looking mando. I am sure you will enjoy getting re-acquainted with mandolin. My first mando was a $49 Rogue. Fun, but I got what I paid for. This Washburn is a MUCH better...
  14. Thread: Newbie Alert

by wildcat
    Replies
    Views

I'm a new guy myself here Mick and it's been awesome so far. Got a good lookin' instrument there my friend!