Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A Style “Holy Grail?

No it doesn't. But really many of us are no longer trying to get closer and closer to the holy grail with each mandolin purchase. It is more that as we play more and more and get involved in all...
  2. Replies
    Views

So, if you can't be with the one you love...love the one you're with?

Kirk
  3. Replies
    Views

Fatt-dad has the right idea. I am lucky enough to own a lot of terrific mandolins including two Heiden A5s. My feeling is, think about (and enjoy playing) what you have rather than wish you had...
  4. Replies
    Views

I don't think there's a mandolin that will be perfect for every player. If you find one that speaks to you, that helps you play what you want instead of getting in your way, get that one if you can....
  5. Replies
    Views

Boy oh boy that's a beauty! :mandosmiley: One could make a case for that being enough to cure MAS from the get-go, to thwart it ever occurring. But it never seems to work out that way ... :whistling:
  6. Replies
    Views

Was thinking that if the Grail (as opposed to just being grail shaped) is difficult to obtain, then I wonder if the Gibson A-2Z might be included. Suggesting this as it seems to be one of the few...
  7. Replies
    Views

So I have "lucked out". Many years ago (many squared years, since it has been many years since the last time I told this story), I purchased a Gibson 1923 A2 snakehead.

I didn't know what I had...
  8. Replies
    Views

Polymandolinist though I be, I, like Jim G., have become devoted to my '24 A4 snakehead mit virzi (not chocolate tuners but the pearly ones with the silver bumps). I've tuned down all my other...
  9. Replies
    Views

Ah, yes, and I see you have a few that I would be happy to dust for you.
  10. Replies
    Views

Don’t laugh. For me a holy grail sort-of-A would be a 1928 national TRICONE mandolin. Please note I wrote tricone, not triolian - national made a few triple-cone mandolins before switching to single...
  11. Replies
    Views

An early Orville or a Martin Style E.
  12. Replies
    Views

Polymandorous, if you will…..:mandosmiley::grin:
  13. Replies
    Views

I’m polymandolinist;)
  14. Replies
    Views

15. Replies
    Views

I’ll be happy to keep the Brentrup and/or Campanella dust-free for you. ;)
  16. Replies
    Views

for I too am at peace with my Cohen A5 and my Gibson A3! It's the Eastman OM that really surprised me. Not planning OMAS!

f-d
  17. Replies
    Views

I don’t own F’s any more but of all my A’s are ones that I coveted, however this was my holy grail, out of reach for years for many reasons but the the stars came together and I grabbed this ‘24 A-4...
  18. Replies
    Views

Here ya go. There are posts in the Support section that tell you how to deal with this properly (yes, it's happened before ... :whistling: ). I don't remember exactly the correct procedure, but if...
  19. Replies
    Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8GyscSFaQ
  20. Replies
    Views

Can't imagine ever parting with my Silverangel Econo A. It hits all my marks and does everything I want it to, therefore I'm pretty sure I have possession of my Holy Grail. So I'll keep working on my...
  21. Replies
    Views

love the one you're with.

f-d
  22. Replies
    Views

Or vice versa ;)
  23. Replies
    Views

I still think about the H. BRUUN. I should have bought it. It may be my personal "Holy Grail".

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/135924-H-Bruun-Mandolin
  24. Replies
    Views

Not sure what I'd consider the A Grail. Still looking for mine. Although I keep judging all other Gibson oval holes against my A Jr and nothing has beat it yet.

Brentrup, Ellis, Hinde, Givens and...
  25. Replies
    Views

I have owned several Nuggets (10 if I count 2 Collings/Nuggets) 1 two point, 2 F5’s, and 7 A5’s, And have played dozens. My current one (#294 A5 Deluxe) is my all time favorite.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4