Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar tailpiece Cover

Thanks Mike and the rest of you folks for helping me out by answering my questions. As always, it's a pleasure to be part of this mandolin community.
    Rich
  2. Replies
    Views

Loar tailpiece Cover

Dear Cafers-
    I have recently acquired a February 18, 1924 Loar. The tail piece is different that other vintage Gibsons that I have seen. In particular, the detail on the top on the traditional...
  3. Re: So what is the "real" value of a Loar in today's world?

I have followed this thread with great interest. As I said in an earlier post, I am interested in buying a Loar and have been gathering information on available Loars, prices, and tax consequences....
  4. Re: So what is the "real" value of a Loar in today's world?

I want to put my toe in the water here. First, hello to Gary who knows me from prior mando transactions. I understand the high costs of the Loars, that there is a wide variety in condition and sound,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

NEW DUDE TO BE-
    108700I hope that this is the right topic to post a new mandolin in progress albeit not Darryl's.
    I am super excited about a new mando that Lynn Dudenbostel is making for me. Here...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Berklee Tribute to John McGann

Yes, it is a Sobell. John was a friend and musical mentor. Simply put, I miss him and think of him often. Rich M.