Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez Buyer beware

Unfortunately for us there isn't a well regulated list of terms for describing instruments. Most manufacturers use the phrase 'solid spruce' to differentiate from laminate tops rather than to...
  2. The Other Favorites (feat. Jim Hogan) - Rank Stranger

Some rare mandolin content from one of my favorite Youtube music channels, Josh Turner Guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLoqOzoUpY&t=0s
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Arkansas Traveler Chord Melody

"Uhh... hello, stranger"
    "Hello there, stranger"
    "Does this road go all the way to Little Rock?"
    "I been standing here all day and it hasn't gone nowhere yet!"
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

Can't wait to get home tonight and try this out. Thanks for sharing!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Love Bluegrass but....

It's funny that you compare metal and bluegrass, Andrew Marlin did the same thing when MO was recording at Audiotree. Turns out he was a metal guitarist in high school.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Does mandolin improve guitar technique

For some reason when I read Nick's post my mind immediately substituted 'Lou' for 'Jerry' and I experienced something like the audio equivalent of vertigo when the music started.
  7. Re: Starting to study mandolin, where to start?

In addition to Simon's recommendation for Jazzmando.com I must say that I've been thoroughly enjoying the book 'Getting Into Jazz Mandolin' by Ted Eschliman (who runs jazzmando.com). The Four Finger...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT2 Review

I got a mandolin from TMS and for 8-9 months was too terrified to make any adjustments to it. After all, they were known for doing quality setups and, at that time, I knew even less about mandolins...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Vulfpeck - Thile appearance

Dang. And here I had always thought that musicians would be the last group of people to pick on someone for having fun with music.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: A pair of Diamonds

"I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines"

A great looking pair! Are they as much fun to play as they are to look at?
  11. Re: what size flathead screw for a 1920 F2 pickguard clamp

NFI but if you can't place a direct phone order it appears to be in stock at Caswell Plating -...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD-305

Based on your recommendation of the EXP74CMs I just strung my MD305 up with the G and D strings from a pack of EJ74s and the A and E strings from a pack of EJ75s last night so that I'd have the same...
  13. Re: Strap attachment - A style, no body button

I've got an MD-305 and have been tying the strap between the nut and the lowest tuners. At first I was worried that the strap-tie might push up on the strings and pop them out of the slots in the nut...
  14. Roots of American Music Bluegrass Jam - Cleveland, Ohio

Roots of American Music presents a Bluegrass Jam at the Beachland Ballroom.

What:
    A free jam open to all levels of pickers. Bar and kitchen will be open for service during the jam, observers are...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Worm Over Robson F style tuners

Kind of difficult to tell even on a larger screen but looking at the treble side it appears to me that the worms are cut /////, and that a clockwise turn of the button results in a clockwise turn of...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Your Jeff Austin Memories

I don't have a good memory of my own to share but a friend of mine posted this to FB today and it seems to fit here:

Other Matt and I had 2nd row seats for Phish at Blossom in 2011, right behind...