Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Scale length for Octave Mandolin

Generally speaking more tension from a longer scale length yields a larger, more "profound" tone. But the longer scale length gets tougher to play. For instance my fingers are average in length so a...
  2. Re: “one announcement we're privy to that will rock the industry”

:popcorn:
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

M Great Blue Heron custom Club Jazz headstock inlay, by Mr. Apitius. (art provided by me…:)
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

Here's my Art Deco version of the Toronto skyline featuring the CN Tower. The truss rod cover is the reflection in Lake Ontario. Yorkville is a neiborhood in Toronto that had a very rich musical...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Have you all heard? 💜

I am glad you've found comfort in faith. This is supposed to be a space for mandolinists though, and proselytizing here rather than contributing in the spirit of the forum seems a little...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

I'd like to address the previous four posts as I find something there in each that I can confirm or comment further on why things are as they are.

Yes, freeloading is still common, but has risks....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you get better at the mandolin?

Have some daily structure, ie, warmup, technique, old tunes, new tunes. Challenge yourself in each area. Learning how to maximize each of those is a separate topic.

Have fun and be patient with...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you get better at the mandolin?

Three years ago, I decided to take a more disciplined approach to mandolin than I did with guitar. I started playing scales in every key using a metronome as a third of my practice regimin. I still...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Eastman Owners

When I owned one I was always looking for a pick to make my G string sound richer. Alas,money solved that one. In hindsight I wish I'd have played it for a year because I've come to realize how...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: White Mandolins

That is my Airloom case in the background. I visited Tyler’s shop last weekend (great visit, on my phone now but will go into more detail later) to drop off #6 to have the neck reprofiled and have...
  11. Thread: What the

by dang
    Replies
    Views

Re: What the

Let me be the first to say, “that ain’t no part of nothin” :whistling:

But it is amazing and they are all super talented :cool:
  12. Re: Absolute OM beginner question - picking two strings

It's tempting at first, to think of an OM as just another way to play the same tunes you play on mandolin. However, you may eventually drift towards separating your repertoire into what fits best on...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Kudos to the Cafe!

I don't do Facebook or any social media because of all the garbage on them. Moderators here do a GREAT job of keeping that stuff off. Don't need the other SM cause mandolins are what's important...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Stuart Duncan on mandolin

Here's a listing of Duncan's credits; he's listed on mandolin quite a few times. Amazing variety -- Jonas Brothers?!?