Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. John Reischman Live - Solo Mandolin tonight at 8 EDT

FYI, JR is doing a free live YouTube show tonight, May 18, at 8 EDT. Solo renditions of his originals and more.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_lHZjmNAI

And look for a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM-1500 (Amazing Deal)

I have never been at the point of not needing another mandolin. I need just one more, when I get that all I’ll need is one more
  3. New Chris Thile solo recording coming in June - Laysongs

Chris has a new album he just announced on Instagram and elsewhere.

p/CNXxhS1p7JA
  4. Re: Gibson Master Model A9 vs Vintage Gibson A9 (1930s)

As much as I like old Gibson mandolins this is like comparing apples to oranges. I'd be all over the A9 assuming it wasn't damaged.
  5. Re: Suggestions for Online posting of musical content for payment

Once it’s out there, it’s out there, payment after the fact is pretty doubtful. As for vanity? Who cares!
    Start your own YouTube channel and try to get sponsors I guess.
  6. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

I am a fan of Chris's music and have been since the first Nickel Creek album. I went to a concert when Nickel Creek was touring in support of their first album. At the time, they really were very...
  7. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

"Be yourself, and be yourself the best you can. Everybody else is taken."
  8. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

Trolling perhaps?

It takes a certain amount of smugness to trust your abilities to judge someone you've never met and gotten to know in person.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

https://youtu.be/XDKLTfEblCU

Here's Bill Monroe's My Last Days on Earth. Mainly informed by Lauren Price's version
  10. Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

Through an odd series of events, I helped the Cafe break the story that Thile was going to take over as host of Prairie Home Companion. I was excited, but I'd be lying if claimed to have realized...
  11. Replies
    Views

St. Anne’s Reel

Hey, Everyone!

Just a slow little (hopefully) purty run of St. Anne’s Reel on my MT. I wasn’t pulling sweet tone or the highs like this when I first got it. It’s singing like a bird after a few...
  12. Replies
    Views

Another piece I did as a duet in high school, and one of my favorite pieces I've ever played. I forgot that this video existed until this evening. Mountain Moor by Stephen Funk Pearson.

13. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach: Suite D-Dur (BWV 1007), Prelude

Sometimes is easyer to tune cars and trucks...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 Owners Thread

and here it is, a beauty

15. Replies
    Views

Andrew Marlin's Gilchrist F5

So that's where it went! That is a special F5. Glad to see it in the deserving, capable hands of Joe K Walsh!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Back to f-holes?

Take a look at this ham sandwich in the classifieds.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 Owners Thread

I have been playing a natural S8 for just over a year and I really enjoy it. It has a great tone for what I like and is constructed very well. The sound projects surprisingly well. There are some...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Ashokan Farewell Tabs anyone?

I would like to point out a few things in response to what has been said about my previous post.

To Jeff- Money is not the issue. Intellectual property is the issue. I am a member of ASCAP, but I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Something a bit different

Hi there, I just started playing Lap steel & ran across this western swing mando, never knew it existed. Anyway thought I'd post it up for a little amusement.
  20. Replies
    Views

"Walk Right In," the 1962 #1 hit for The Rooftop Singers, originally recorded by Gus Cannon back in 1929, here done by a pick-up band of musical miscreants. Looks like I'd gone to the gig directly...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Help deciding on a new mandolin

Thanks for the advice! I was too slow to pull the trigger on any of those instruments and they sold to other people.
    I did, however, respond to a local ad and bought a used JBovier A5 that was in my...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Not all Collings hold their value

Or, Bill Monroe played bluegrass on a classical instrument. The F5 was developed long before bluegrass began.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Not all Collings hold their value

Thile plays classical on a bluegrass instrument!

I’d think an A5 suited to anything!

f-d
  24. Replies
    Views

Video feed for Live From Here on now

Stuart Duncan on fiddle in the house band this weekend. It's been awhile since there was a video feed. If like last times, it will be available till Sunday night, but I don't know for sure.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Help deciding on a new mandolin

I enjoyed my 505 until I started to go play mandolins at Gryphon. Just don't do that and you will be fine.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4