Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Gibson Master Model vs. Ellis F5 with all of his highest opti

Man, those terrified tops on the Ellis mandolins really scream.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: "Dark" Fiddle Tunes?

Kicking Up the Devil on a Holiday
    Elzick’s Farewell
    Benton’s Dream
    Cousin Sally Brown
  3. Re: looking to move, but I have no clue where ?.

Do NOT move to Colorado, it is awful. Weather is terrible, people are miserable, music scene is lousy. The doctors are quacks. I am telling everyone I can to not move here.

I wish you well.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tonedexter firmware question...

Starting with v1.3 firmware supports use of guitar and mandolin eq settings without needing to reload the firmware:

High (HGH) version code now designed for multi-instrumentalists. High bank slots...
  5. Re: Grace Design BiX Acoustic Instrument Preamp

Also a ToneDexter fan, though I have only used it with my fiddle (don’t have a mandolin pu yet). I said elsewhere that if you want your instrument to sound like it’s mic’ed but you can’t or don’t...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Condenser mic for live and home recording

Plenty of good suggestions above, I’ll add in the Shure KSM32. As others alluded to, mic choice is situationally dependent. An LDC on a stage with a quiet audience is great. In the corner of a noisy...
  7. Re: Do you bring your expensive mando to the bluegrass festival?

Good common sense, but for the OP, average high temp in Telluride in June is 68 degrees. Other considerations of course if one wants to bring their nice instrument, but “too hot” isn’t one of them.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

Ellis A, Pava F, or maybe offer $6k for this Flatiron:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/135175#135175
  9. Replies
    Views

Line6 G10 wireless

I posted this at fiddle hangout, but thought some of you would be interested (I don’t have a pickup on my Pava, my experience with this is with my fiddle but imagine it would work just as well with...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Microphone mute switch

The Sign Off has no indicator light, but a couple other Pro Co models do - the Power Mute and the Panic Button.
  11. Replies
    Views

Ellis F5 Reserve

I’ve never seen a more beautiful instrument. Please donate to my go fund me page so I can be its rightful owner.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/133793#133793
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins are Cool

Yawn.

Oh yeah.

13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins are Cool

Fortunately coolness is not a zero-sum quality, plenty to go around. We've got a vibro-slap which is pretty cool, at times.

This definitely is a contributing coolness factor. Likewise, when...
  14. Replies
    Views

Mandolins are Cool

I've been a fiddle and keyboard player most of my life, and play some guitar (poorly) too. I would pick up a friend's mandolin from time to time but never really thought seriously about getting my...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ribbon Mics

The 2i2 has different, cheaper preamps than the 18i20 - or so I've read. Never A/B'd the two, but have seen some complaints about the 2i2. I have the 18i20 and have had no problem getting good...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Im visiting Denver Colorado

If you go to the Denver Folklore Center, might be worth stopping by Victor Guitar which is close by. Primarily guitars (duh), but sometimes has a few mandolins on consignment.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Forum saving topics

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Mandolins

Ivan, she sounds as good as she looks (especially when played by a better player than me). I recently got to play an Ellis A (2010?), and if my Pava sounds anything near to that when it opens up I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Mandolins

Here's my A5 Satin #288, bought new in July from the Denver Folklore Center. 171295171296171297171298

I think my wife is getting jealous, I need to be careful.
  20. Thread: why is it?

by Mike Martin
    Replies
    Views

Re: why is it?

Guitars only have six strings
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendations for 2019?

The Rockygrass Academy in Lyons, CO is a lot of fun in a beautiful setting. Don't know that they've announced instructors for next year, but they're always really good - this year was Sierra Hull,...