Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Drop-in replacements for Grover F-style machines?

Your Weber will have modern F style tuner spacing of .906" post hole center to post hole center. With very few exceptions most F style tuners should drop in to those holes. The screw holes can be...
  2. Re: Drop-in replacements for Grover F-style machines?

Stew Mac has measured dimensioned drawings of all their tuners --- match the dimensions?

A good way to go, as an old mechanic
    who did not get to transition from pencil on paper,
    to CAD,...
  3. Re: Upgrading mandolin advice thread - the Chris Thile sound

Flames for the sake of the heat they generate are squelched pretty effectively in my experience here. Yea we disagree, and sometimes we disagree about the facts, but in the end we all love the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Have you played an exceptional MD-315?

My 305 is one of the better ones; I've never tried a 315 (scrolls are not my obsession). I had a Kentucky 380s once upon a time and it didn't have much response -- kind of turned me off low-level...
  5. Replies
    Views

Perhaps you're expecting too much. I have a 305 which I bought used, it's my second. They're decent mandolins, a bit tinny to my ear, no woof, but with a clear tone. (Unlike other people, I haven't...
  6. Replies
    Views

I've had a 315 for a little over a year now. I know exactly what you are talking about. I fitted a Cumberland Acoustic bridge to my 315 and it improved the tone and the volume immensely. I also...
  7. Replies
    Views

I had a 305 that was a great sounding mandolin . I sold it a bought a km 150 Kentucky which sounded even better. I have yet to play another Eastman that sounds as good as that 305 and I've played all...
  8. Replies
    Views

I've played many of the Eastman mandolins. Some of the MD315 that I've played have been very good, some not so much. Where did you buy the one you have now? Might need a better setup to get better...