Search:

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

My Heiden A5 is my favorite. A friend’s Nugget A5. Don’s Heiden is a beast. Compton’s Gilchrist F4. Berline’s Loar. A Gilchrist F5 Classical at Carter’s.
  2. Re: the gibson master model 2001 signed by danny roberts

Blondie was a Fern, the only blonde x-braced MM.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: A Style “Holy Grail?

Polymandorous, if you will…..:mandosmiley::grin:
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: A Style “Holy Grail?

There is a single Loar signed A-style, the Griffith A5. Outside of that it's A-styles made by the best builders of today.....Heiden, Nugget, Gilchrist, Monteleone, Dudenbostel, Kimble, Ellis, etc. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Flat top for blues?

Not "real" blues but I think it sounds great on a flattop! :mandosmiley:

sxe1TJDwM3o
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

I've learned so much and made friends around the world thanks to this site. Thank you Scott!!
  7. Re: Heiden's....the most expensive modern mandolin builder?

Here it is with a mandola I had built. Sold it to a friend of mine. Should have kept that one!
  8. Re: Heiden's....the most expensive modern mandolin builder?

One piece Englemann top and one piece red maple back
  9. Re: Heiden's....the most expensive modern mandolin builder?

I have an Artist A5 and it was I think $7,200 in 2006. I got it for $6,600 in 2007. They're expensive because they're worth it! :mandosmiley:
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden A-5 Deluxe vs. Collings MF5-V

Ive owned both and my Heiden won out. Had it for 16 years now. So much more depth and nuance to the tone. You can drive it hard or play it or play it soft and sweet and it does both perfectly. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Compton playing my Heiden A5

Don is a man of simple taste. Only the best will do! :mandosmiley::grin:
  12. Re: Article: Northfield Announces New A5 Oval Hole Model

That design is not at all attractive to me. The sound hole placement is hideous!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Alan Niederland

Was looking back through some old emails and realized Alan sent me the strap I use on my F5. Not to mention all of the tab, stories, and opinions we shared over the years. This funny little 8...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Trip to Ireland in April

Jill…..thank you, thank you, thank you! That is wonderful info that I’m sure will make our trip even more enjoyable. :mandosmiley:
  15. Replies
    Views

Trip to Ireland in April

After years of thinking about going we’re finally making it happen! Thinking roughly April 15th to 23rd, give or take a few days on either end. Flying in to Dublin. Will hire a car to drive the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Member Bogle Has Passed Away

I remember his posts and him being a Brentrup fan as well. Sincere condolences to Cheryl and the rest of his friends and family.
  17. Re: Carter Vintage Guitars is now Carter Vintage Exchange

I wish the Carters nothing but the best. I've spent time with both of them and they're just wonderful people!

However, I'm not a fan of the direction all of this is going. Venture capital rarely...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Griffith Tribute A5

How clever of them! Same tune that Grisman played on the original A5 on Tone Poems. There’s your moment of mandolin geekdom for the day! :grin:

Nice sounding mandolin. Love to get to play one...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard A4 build thread.

That's stunning!!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Temperature and Outdoor Gigs

Instruments are made to be played. Take the one you like the best and Play it!

PS -- Monroe's Loar is 99 years old today. Played in every weather situation possible for 50+ years! :mandosmiley:
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Style Mandolin Question

You want approximately a right angle in your picking arm so that your arm/hand is parallel to the strings. This also means your mandolin neck should be parallel-ish with the ground. This lessens...
  22. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

I’ve had my Heiden A5 for about 14 years now. Many others have come and gone but it has stood the test of time.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Waterloo No mandolins?!

Glad I got one of them. It's a seriously good flattop!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner and Kimble

Perfect match!!
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking into Mandola...by mandolin?

From a former mandola owner.....Get a good ff-hole mandolin and a good guitar. Everything after that is BS. You're welcome! :)) :mandosmiley:
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4