Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Kalamazoo serial numbers

I think it's a KM-22. The years at times overlapped a bit. The Spann list is not complete so we don't see that FON listed but it's in the range to be in the 39-42 that this mandolin was available.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kalamazoo bridge issue?

Not ideal, maybe it wasn't centered when they applied string tension, or maybe the strings slots are off center, pulling the bridge off center while leaving the strings centered. And thought it's not...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Kalamazoo bridge issue?

It's not centered, the strings are too close to the fret ends on the bass side, looks like it might be a little oversized too. I doubt it will hurt anything tho.
  4. Re: King of Bluegrass: The Life & Times of Jimmy Martin DVD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-of-Bluegrass-The-Life-Times-of-Jimmy-Martin-by-/361388872502?hash=item5424749336:m:mlPFK5r7XyKSmRBUlWQuI_w ($29.38 plus $3 shipping)

Ebay - Goodwill (all proceeds...
  5. Replies
    Views

The Mandolin - a history has shipped

The copies of The Mandolin - a history that were ordered as part of the Kickstarter project were mailed from the printer on Friday. They should arrive at American addresses next week, hopefully the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Update: Pensacola mandolins stolen

I have done numerous trades of my old instruments for newer and different ones at several Guitar Centers. I know they have been discussed pro and con here a lot but one thing you have to say about...
  7. Replies
    Views

Moderator deletion. Violates Forum profanity guidelines.
  8. Replies
    Views

This just feels so wrong. I am sorry you have to deal with this. I hate thieves. And I can't understand a music store feeling ok with doing this. Karma should bite them.
  9. Replies
    Views

I'm no lawyer, but that law seems very convenient for Blues Angel Music, doesn't it? It is obvious to me, that the store owner could contact the buyer from eBay and ask to undo the deal, explaining...
  10. Replies
    Views

You may be able to contact the buyer and seller using your eBay account. Maybe they are selling something else. I would contact Ebay now. If you tell them it is stolen property, I would think the...
  11. Replies
    Views

I remember seeing that F5 for sale on eBay. So sorry you're having to go through this. Since you're on Kwajalein I'm assuming you're in the military? My other half is in the Navy and I dread moves...
  12. Replies
    Views

Get the information you have to your insurance company. They'd rather recover the items than pay you for the loss.
  13. Replies
    Views

Can't believe they still had the serial numbers and everything. Very sorry for your losses. Glad you got the full story, but very sorry for your ordeal! Seems sad the music store wasn't able to do...
  14. Replies
    Views

Hopefully the Ebay purchaser will come forward; surely Ebay has a record of who posted the winning bid, etc....I know that I in good conscience couldn't keep an instrument that I knew was stolen.
  15. Replies
    Views

I saw last night that all the ads had been pulled, figured Gibson had cease-and-desisted 'em! :disbelief: Very sorry; hoping for the best.
  16. Replies
    Views

Dale, I am so sorry this happened. I found the Florida statutes on theft and the transfer of property:...
  17. Replies
    Views

A mixed bag of news, for sure. It seems obvious that someone on the moving crew spirited them away. I mean, they didn't let themselves out of the freezer chest. It also seems obvious that someone in...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Player versus a Northfield M

Congratulations.... Another killer mandolin from Austin!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Pro or Collings MT2?

I'll just put it this way: when I wanted to buy an A-style for my wife, we went to Fiddler's Green with the intention of buying a Collings. They just happened to have received a Pava the night...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson stamped cloud tailpiece

diamond inlay - 1942 - not usually a FON in them - plain cloud tailpieces
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson stamped cloud tailpiece

We had one of these posted a few weeks ago. That cover was used on some early banjo mandolins and could have come from the factory that way. It also may have been added later by someone that liked...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: A Jethro style A-5 pickguard

Upon further investigation, the 60s era A-5 did not have the same pickguard as the F-5. The A-5 had a 5-ply unbound PG with beveled edges around the curves, but no bevel on the straight side. Also a...
  23. Replies
    Views

See Dale, I knew someone would have some help for you! Thanks Tom for proving to me one more time that if you need mandolin information parts or pretty much anything mandolin related, help can found...
  24. Replies
    Views

It's the same as the F5 and F12 pickguard but with nickel hardware. The late 50's to mid 1964 were pinned to the fingerboard like the F5. After mid 1964 they had one screw that went down into the...
  25. Re: How Many Would Like to Have a Weber SWEET PEA??

I just saw this weekend that Music Villa in Bozeman, Montana has a Sweet Pea in stock.

Vern Brekke
Page 1 of 2 1 2