Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thomann review: From Germany to US

I recently purchased a tenor guitar from Thomann. Just thought I would share my experience, as there's not much on the forum about purchasing from Thomann from the US.

I made my purchase from...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Entry level tenor: Recording King or Ibanez?

Thank you for the recommendation. I went with the Harley Benton. I am from the US and have never purchased anything from Thomann before. Hopefully I don't get any issues from customs. Thanks again!
  3. Re: Gretsch not making mandolins? Does anyone know why?

The mandolin got a revival when blue grass became more mainstream, and I think that's a good thing. I want to see more price points for good mandolins, not fewer. I want to see more people playing...
  4. Thread: Weber Mandolin

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Mandolin

I don't think you should assume that Bruce Weber will give you a new mandolin. He has a shop now where he's doing mandolin repair, though. Perhaps you should contact him about your options with neck...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: South Florida Mandolin teacher

Only mandolin teacher I know of is in Fort Lauderdale at Penny Lane. Might wanna hit up the guys at Tyler Mountain and see if they can recommend anybody. Good luck.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Trading instruments in the classified

I've traded before with great results. We simply set a day to send our instruments, after the instruments were in transit, we took a photo of the receipt and tracking number and texted it. That said,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky 272 and my big problem

It seems to me like you have found a mandolin with playability that works for you; radiused frets, a neck with more of a D shape, no florida. There's plenty of high end instruments that have these...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Help: Looking To Buy My First Mandolin

I would purchase a pava from the mandolin store. They do financing, and their customer service can't be beat.
  9. Replies
    Views

Resetting Expectations on Quality

I got a boerboel (south African mastiff) recently. She's currently 8 months old and 150 lbs. When I play any instrument she loves to put her mouth on them, whether she's licking or just rubbing her...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT vs Pava A

I've played both and considered purchasing both. When it comes to playability, I'm not sure anything is easier to play than a Collings. I was shocked, honestly. It'll have you playing like a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: DAWG picks. YES, they work

I have so many picks because I got tired of digging them out every time I used a different instrument. I've got a mandola, octave mandolin, oval hole, f hole. I also use two different types of picks...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: DAWG picks. YES, they work

Sigh. I have about 300 dollars worth of blue chip picks. I thought I'd never stray from the brand. On a whim, I bought a pack of 10 dawgs for 10 dollars. I'm now filled with 300 dollars worth of...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What’s after a Kentucky KM-1050?

At this point you should be deciding what kind of tone you want. That'll help narrow down your choices re: builders.
  14. Thread: El Toro ?

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Re: El Toro ?

Separations, top and back sinkage, cracks in the top (especially near the sound holes)
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe User: Br1ck

I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of his behavior as an authority or otherwise? I'm not judging his skill or behavior. I was just curious where he went and if he was okay. I've got...
  16. Thread: NMD Morris A5

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Morris A5

17. Thread: NMD Morris A5

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Redwood top!
  18. Thread: NMD Morris A5

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Pavas are absolutely fantastic. You'll love yours for years. Congrats on your acquisition!
  19. Thread: NMD Morris A5

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

NMD Morris A5

I recently acquired a morris a5, and I have to say I am shocked by the quality of this mandolin. My A5 has a redwood top and curly maple back. She's loud as all heck and has such sustain that even my...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The virus, the economy, mandolins and you

My mother is an emergency room nurse and I spend most of my time worrying about her. When I'm not worrying about her, I spend the rest of my time worrying about my family and myself. I'm part of the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Any other Big Muddy owners out there?

I have an m4 that's about twenty years old. Sounds great, neck is still nice and straight even without trussrod. Has a sound unique to all my other mandolins and I find I use it most when recording....
  22. Thread: NMD Eastman 305

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Eastman 305

Congrats on the mandolin and welcome to the obsession!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MDA315 mandola! Yes!

The gig bag is pretty sturdy but not sturdy enough to keep you satisfied. I definitely want a hard case and am toying with the idea of just making one myself.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Thinking About A Pava

I went from an eastman 305 to a pava and the difference is night and day. Yes, the pava is much easier to play. It's got a more rounded V shape, not at all chunky like a Kentucky or Weber. It's also...
  25. Re: How much does a Northfield actually cost to make?

These were luthiers and production managers that used to work for saga but got tired of the production practices. You can read about it on their website.

https://www.northfieldinstruments.com/story
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3