Search:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

I had a tough decision between the AD-10 and the Tonebone PZ Pre. Both get really high marks. In the end, I went for the tonebone. I realize it may not be my last preamp purchase, because it would...
  2. Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

Boss AD-10. I moved up from the Baggs Venue DI. Amazing gear.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ad-10/
  3. Re: Radial Tonebone PZ-Pro vs. EBS Stanley Clarke preamp pedals

I used the radial yesterday for the first time and I am very pleased with the result. I ran a Bartlett fiddle mis into ch B and an Ithaca bridge into a wireless. The tuner send is fantastic as I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Effect of bridge breakover angle.

They produce sound differently. The violin is bowed, and the soundpost couples the top and back, which gives greater volume as the bow produces continuous input. But a plucked violin is rather...
  5. Re: Going out of tune upwards... Explain this to me, please!

Curiosity got the human race to where it's at. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to debate maybe?
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

Mark, this doesn't directly answer your query, but my solution to amplifying acoustic instruments may interest you. I play squareneck dobro, mandolin and acoustic guitar, both in a band, and solo....
  7. Mike Marshall's Incredible Bluegrass Journey

this is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPa3Db9t8E
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  9. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

One more observation about Northfield before commenting and a few pics of Elderly Instruments. Of all of the NF mandolins I played I really fell in love with one of the Artist series models. But the...
  10. My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Instead of going to the upcoming NAMM Show in 2024 decided to pay a visit to Northfield and Elderly Instruments. Northfield was yesterday and was a mind blowing experience getting to play all of...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Modding a Northfield F5S

I’d get the Gilchrist (?) tailpiece that NF sells that’s a drop-in fit. Nothing else, really. Ok, splurge on a nice strap…

I had one for about 2 years and it *needed* nothing. Always thought the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Double Stop Lessons

Hello folks. It's been a while since I posted on Mandolin Cafe but I thought some of you would enjoy some of the free resources that I am sharing over on YouTube and my Patreon.

First video in my...
  13. Replies
    Views

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac "Oh Well"

Foreshadowing of the next featured tune in my Mandolin Blues Lick of the Day series to begin airing 10/12

https://youtu.be/qNw2CrBDK54
  14. Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Hey All,

My music teacher and I developed an Irish trad tunebook that we're putting out here for all to use. I know there’s already a few out there, but this one’s ours! It contains tabs and...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Pick Sampler 2 has landed in Colorado! Thanks, Kevin! And a big thanks to everyone (special shout out to Mark, of course, and other members who've shouldered this logistical challenge historically),...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Led Zeppelin: Ten Years Gone

Since you all like this arrangement (which was first recorded on YouTube in 2006), here is tablature for both mandolin and guitar:
  17. Re: New album from Baron Collins-Hill and Noah Fishman

CDs are up, thanks for the interest!
    https://noahfishman.bandcamp.com/album/safe-harbor

Happy listening,
    Baron
  18. New album from Baron Collins-Hill and Noah Fishman

Baron Collins-Hill (of Mandolessons.com) and Noah Fishman recently released a new album of mandolin (and mandolin family) duets. I hadn’t seen any posts on this yet, so I wanted to spread...
  19. Replies
    Views

Led Zeppelin: Ten Years Gone

https://youtu.be/clp_LQIDVlQ
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: D-28 binding coming loose (NMC)

I had exactly this issue with a D-35, on both the top and back binding. It was under warranty, so Martin covered it with one of their authorized repair people. Unfortunately, the guy did less than a...
  21. Replies
    Views

You might try Dennis Berck down in Eugene to handle this. Saw contact info in UMGF.
  22. Replies
    Views

Lots of Martins have done that, they say they've fixed the problem, but in the meantime, it is not an easy fix. The binding has shrunk and pulled loose in the inside curve of the waist. The shortest...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Just heard back from Matt Goins, there will soon be additional BC picks to add to the collection :mandosmiley:
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield F5S Gilchrist tailpiece

I replaced mine on the first string change after I bought the instrument, and also changed the type of strings, so it probably wouldn't be fair to say with any certainty. It certainly didn't hurt it.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield F5S Gilchrist tailpiece

I swapped in a Gilchrist-style tailpiece on my F5S as well. Huge improvement! No end pin jack so it was very straightforward other than of course having to reset the bridge.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4