Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to test preamp sounds at home?

I concur with pops and Mark. You've got two different things you're talking about testing. Plugging a preamp into the Fishman is basically doubling down on the preamp(s), which will give you a very...
  2. Radial Tonebone PZ-Pro vs. EBS Stanley Clarke preamp pedals

I had a chance recently to compare and contrast two 2-channel acoustic preamp pedal units, the Radial Tonebone PZ-Pro and the EBS Stanley Clarke Signature Acoustic Preamp. Both are aimed at acoustic...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: My Journey so far.

Welcome, Tom!
    You'll see that many (many) of us have a similar musical resume' (decades of guitar/bass/keys/others) and started out on an MD 315. You may be new to the mandolin, but you're...
  4. Replies
    Views

N(o)MD - '85 Carlson Flatiron A5 Jr

Stumbled onto this last week. Looked to have been in a closet for the last couple decades, as there is hardly any fret wear or marks/dings at all. Cleaned it up, buffed the frets, changed the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

Mine is similar, just have two tuners and the Red Eye's provide the boost.

Each of the outputs on the the pre's go to a tiny mixer board so I can EQ the signals separately, then that goes to one...
  6. Replies
    Views

There’s a great video on the radial site with a Nashville producer walking through the features. I just ordered one. Should be here next week and I’ll post a review.
  7. Replies
    Views

I just checked out the Tonebone PZ-Pro, which has two separate channels/eq and is about half the price of the similar Grace Felix. This appears to be exactly what you (and I) are looking for in a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Gig material

Mustang Sally......
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: DI for K&K pickup?

Red Eye. Run a tuner through the effects loop and you've get your mute switch for free.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Modding a Northfield F5S

Congrats on the new mando! I absolutely love mine.

+1 on the Gil (or James) tailpiece. Other than adding an internal K&K Twin pickup and an arm rest, the F5S is perfect as-is. I tried a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner looking for mandolin

I can recommend either Portland Fret Works or The Twelfth Fret for good setup/eval services. I've used them both on different occasions and was happy with their work. A decent setup will run you...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Tunes common to your jam group?

These get called a lot:

East Virginia Blues
    Rabbit in a Log
    Glendale Train
    It Takes One To Know One
    White Freightliner
    All The Good Times Are Past And Gone
    Bluebirds Are Singing For Me
    Dark...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: My 3 Ring Binder is a PITA

Another vote for OnSong. If your music in a text file, you can edit, transpose and a few other very nice things. Songlists are easy to construct, as is filing into "books."

It will display...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Scotland / Ireland

In Dublin, be sure to hit the Cobblestone Pub for some real music. Avoid the Temple Bar district, unless you want to be surrounded by drunk tourists and loud music pumped out into the street (think:...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ability to Jam

Define "competently......" :)

Seriously, if you feel you have a good grasp of those basics, the best thing you can do is get to playing with others. Maybe look for a slow jam, if that makes you...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando friendly music stores Portland OR

+1 on the comments above. Very little mando-wise between Seattle (Dusty Strings) and the Bay Area (Gryphon, Sylvan).

Depending on when you are visiting, there is likely to be some great music to...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: iPad Bluetooth page turners

My setup is similar to Beanzy - AirTurn Duo 200 with and iPad and Onsong. Works great.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: D-Addario Monels

I do remember when the PB strings started coming out, and they got my attention because they were so much brighter. I found that the brightness didn't last all that long, so I quit using them as I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Two bar Northfield f5 w/Italian spruce top?

If Bill already has too many of your covert purchases, I can help with another hideout/safe house.

My wife asks very few questions...
  20. Re: How would an Eastman MD505 compare with a Northfield M?

Congrats - that's a major bargain!
  21. Re: How would an Eastman MD505 compare with a Northfield M?

Yes.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: recommend strap for F style?

Sully's Straps
    Little Satchel (available at Carters)
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Making Plans for Nigel

+1

Was about to review all the XTC albums for any mandolin content that I missed back in the 80's...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: what software apps do you use (for mando)?

Mandolin Companion is my "cheat sheet" for leads in any key https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mandolin-companion/id458349872

ClearTune is a great tuner for when you aren't in a situation that calls...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Consignment Advice

I think standard consignment fee is 20%, which sounds like a lot until you figure in things like shipping, insurance, ebay/reverb/paypal fees, etc. I recently sold a mandolin through The Music...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4