Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Not your average Gibson tenor

This was sold as an L-7C tenor, but it clearly isn’t. The body is 16”, smaller than an L-7, and Gibson only used the Florentine cutaway on these smaller bodies. That’s OK by me – I prefer smaller...
  2. Replies
    Views

Story of My Girouard Tenor

One night in summer 2017 as I laid in bed, I emailed Max with a proposition to build a tenor guitar. Through some repair and set-up work he'd done for me before, I had already developed a real...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

A flat-top mandola I have just finished. Top is cedar, back is cherry and the sides are walnut. No real reason for the choices other than I had this wood in my stockpile and wanted to make a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Craftsman Bandsaw

I had a nice trip over to Jackson, MS yesterday to pick up the saw. Luckily, I had a good friend from Clinton, MS who tagged along to help us load it up. It is HEAVY.
    I couldn't be happier with...
  5. Replies
    Views

Noam Pikelny on a tenor...........banjo

I know, I know....it's a tenor banjo, not a tenor guitar. But the performance was too sweet to resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bGG2EkT12M
  6. Replies
    Views

Collings Tenor Guitar

Hi All,

I just got my Collings all mahogany tenor guitar back from the Collings repair shop, where they treated the guitar and me like royalty. No financial interest or ties here, just a very...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: No Power Tool Mandolin

OK, I am new here and don't want to annoy people right out of the gate, just looking through the Build and Repair section for build threads. I thought I would read this one as I did something similar...
  8. Thread: Pava

by biologyprof
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

Hi Folks and thank you for the congratulations sent my way. Yes, I’m Greg D from Pennsylvania. I’m actually just a tad north of Pittsburgh. Although I don’t post much I’ve been a member here since...
  9. Replies
    Views

Richard Durrant on tenor guitar

I have never heard of Richard until I came upon this video. I like his playing but he has his history a bit off.

s9rOtdmtzJ4
  10. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile covering 1952 VBL

This was posted today on the Richard Thompson email discussion list:

cPgqb8s-V9g

Martin
    (Founder member of the RT list - going since 1993!)
  11. Re: Harder to sell, easier to find mandolins

Has been asked before. Won't happen. Ever.

There may be classifieds sites dealing in stringed instruments that tell retailers, "put your goods over here in this little category so we don't have to...
  12. Replies
    Views

PLEASE READ: Server Issues ongoing

As most of you know, we had a serious hardware issue with the server last night around 7:40 p.m. that wasn't discovered for an hour because, well, we have other things like families, other interests,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Been a while, but nice windy weather for outdoor woodbutchering and mandomandala making....
  14. Replies
    Views

Lazy John

Put this together using the arrangement from Baron Collins-Hill.

https://soundcloud.com/user-495447628/lazy-john
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Recently completed

Here is another one similar to the first one above, except for a standard (i.e., post-through) headstock. This one has an Engelmann spruce top, curly maple back/sides/neck,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Recently completed

This mandolin was built on spec, a by-product of last year's GAL convention. I went to dinner w/ Guitar luthier Steve Kinnaird, his wife, and his shop co-worker. I snatched up...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Need more dog songs...

7Qf4edkBfmE

This is a good one for a laugh :))
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: A harp-mandolin

Please forgive my playing, but you can hear the sub-basses gently humming in the breeze.

https://soundcloud.com/graham-mcdonald-4/midnight-on-the-water

cheers
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: 2018 Winter NAMM Show

Left 4” of Nebraska snow a day earlier to acclimate and rest up before the grueling 4 days of show ahead. Rough job, but someone has to do it.

20. Re: Del & Friends do Blind Lemon Jefferson's "One Kind Favor"

In case anybody missed them last year, here are two more videos from these sessions released on Del's channel (For What It's Worth) and The Gibson Brothers channel (With A Little Help From My...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitar finally finished...

I made the sides by building a compression mould, two half's lined with polished stainless steel sheet.
    It was not easy to get the end grain squares all lined up but basically I applied two layers...
  22. Replies
    Views

Tenor guitar finally finished...

It took a bit of time but the guitar is finished....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8AegM9xUVc
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Vega Cylinder Backs

My Vega CB Tenor...
  24. Thread: Happy New Year

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my mandolin friends.

Especially to those brand new to the mandolin. Those whose first mandolin showed up under the tree less than a week ago. Welcome one and all to the...
  25. Thread: Something

by bobjflong
    Replies
    Views

Something

Hey everyone!

I gave this arrangement of the great George Harrison song Something a shot. This arrangement is by Tim Connell. As always, feedback is mightily appreciated!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4