Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: He is... the most interesting mandolin player in the world...

He broke a string only once......and he did it on purpose to scare the other strings. His mandolin has been in tune ever since.
  2. Re: Its official! Londoners love mandolin players and hate smell

Smellies are just musicians that have such devotion to their music, that they sacrifice their sense of smell to amplify their hearing. Science!
  3. Re: What was your first experience with starting/joining a band?

4. Replies
    Views

Re: paper plate + tape = tone guard

Very tired. Sorry if my last post wast coherent.
  5. Re: hmmm should i trade my crummy Savannah to this little girl?

I made a plan with her mom. The girl has to read for a half hour every day, do all her homework on time and water my plants for two weeks. If she misses one of these, she loses the mandolin for two...
  6. Re: hmmm should i trade my crummy Savannah to this little girl?

Maybe I should tell her I'll lend it to her, if she lets me borrow her guitar and tell her I'll only trade permanently once she learns a song. That way she can make sure she really wants it and I...
  7. Thread: I'm on TV!!!

by kevbuch
    Replies
    Views

Re: I'm on TV!!!

Congratulations. Wish my internet was strong enough for a video that size.
  8. thank you mandolin, for keeping me out of jail!

My probation officer came by and a neighbor left something illegal at my house. Was going to be arrested but I showed off my mandolin. My probation officer thought it would be a shame to send me to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: just got a kentucky at a yard sale for 50$ :O

They've come around :)

This is the first non-savannah/rogue quality instrument I've played or seen played in person. It's amazing. It feels like I have been bitten by a radioactive...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: just got a kentucky at a yard sale for 50$ :O

It's a 140. Huge upgrade from my current mandolin(until my jbovier comes in;)). Will work on pictures.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: hmm, to sell, or not to sell?

Hmm. My new one comes with a good hard case. I don't travel..ever. I already live at the best campground in town, so I don't plan on camping(anymore than I already am). I don't feel like I'm cheating...
  12. Thread: Improvisation

by kevbuch
    Replies
    Views

Re: Improvisation

I do this exercise/game. I think of a sound. Then I try to make the sound.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Missed you all!

Neat. Jonathan Coulton is cool :cool:
  14. is it difficult to make picks from an old tortoise shell?

Moderator's edit: Completely taboo subject. Please review Posting Guidelines.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Music with a purpose?

Long story....

I am diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. I'm very sorry, if I ever meet you, if I don't look you in the eyes much. Strangely, I take a lot more in if I'm paying attention to...
  16. Re: anybody care to educate me on my new mansolin? jbovier a-5

Yep, and he made the deal even sweeter. 375$ including shipping, a hard case, a strap and some spare picks ^-^ he's a nice guy. When I first started playing, I made a topic about which picks i should...
  17. just had my best musical occurance. I feel so great right now.

I'm a painfully shy person and I live at a campground. I introduced myself to a family of campers next to my campsite and they've heard me playing my mandolin. They asked me to come play for them an ...
  18. Re: Have you ever been ridiculed for your choice in instrument?

I have lol "you can't spell mandolin without MAN"
  19. Thread: Starting out

by kevbuch
    Replies
    Views

Re: Starting out

Advice from a beginner. Do whatever you find fun, just make sure you learn to do it the right way.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Just have to brag!

*types up long winded, reasonable argument for why people should leave the topic creator alone...*

:confused:

*deletes it and writes a much shorter version*

Be nice.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: F Style Penchant

Makes sense to me.

The scroll sais "HEY! Vibrations why don't you come follow this little twisty path?"

Vibrations- "ok Mr scroll! Tralalalala...oh no the path is dead end!" *falls away to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Coping strategies and awareness.

Anybody that doesn't have other people to help them cope? When I am having trouble coping, I have that overwhelming "i want my mommy" feeling we all used to have.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Coping strategies and awareness.

I get really anxious , too. This morning I had to walk somewhere and wait for my ride there. I brought along my my mandolin to play while I was waiting for my ride. Usually I get nervous an check...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: what was/is your biggest problem as a beginner?

exactly what I was thinking, only you explained it much better.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: fancy "bling" mandos.

I saw you post this before and I think it's great. Awesome inlay that compliments the wood's natural beauty rather than drawing the eye away from it. I can honestly say that i haven't seen an inlay...
Page 1 of 2 1 2