Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

I've read this thread with interest. The church we've attended for many years has a pretty firm "core competency" (to use business terms) for its musical style. I have tried at times to insert...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: High End Celtic style in the UK

I have a Fylde Single Malt mandolin that I love. It was an unplanned upgrade from an Eastman 505 after I had the chance to visit the Fylde workshop. As has been suggested, get on the newsletter and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

My setup is pretty low-tech. I record audio in GarageBand on my iPad with a Samson goMic ($35 at Staples), then do some very basic mixing in GarageBand on my computer. I'm really early on the...
  4. Re: A few recent original tunes by Aidan Crossey...

Tune for Fee is lovely, Aidan. Here is my cover (also my first foray into tinkering with my own harmony parts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cCK_p7YKw
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Sonatina in C major is the first song I heard that I associated with mandolin. This was on the first Beethoven's Wig CD, and was a Father's Day gift in 2007. A couple years later a family member...
  6. Pregnancy Loss Month Project: Mandolin and some other instruments

https://youtu.be/VeQpDYfBe_A

Hope Never Lost is a lovely tune written by hammered dulcimer player Matthew Dickerson in honor of his stillborn infant sister. I've been wanting to learn it for a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Use MuseScore

To search for sheet music, go to https://musescore.com/. There is a search bar at the top of the page. Type in a term (e.g., Carolan), and it will take you to a bigger search page. You can filter...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Use MuseScore

In addition to changing the key signature when you import the PDF from musescore's website, you can also transpose within the song. Tools - Transpose - By Interval, and make sure that the "Transpose...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Eastman 305

I had a stretch where I was traveling for business every few months. I stuck my mandolin in my gig bag and took it with me. It was a great way to get practice time in. I still use it sometimes...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MDA315 mandola! Yes!

Thanks. It's a lovely instrument. I was quite happy with my Eastman MD505 until I played this one on a visit Roger Bucknall's shop while living in the UK. My wife finally told me to buy it so that...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MDA315 mandola! Yes!

There were a couple MDA315 ads in the classifieds a month or so ago. I waited a few days to think about responding to the first one, at which point it had already sold. I learned my lesson...
  12. Re: Mandolin and Tenor Uke arr of Pastheen Fionn (Irish Air)

It's fun to hear the mandolin / recorder combination. I have a copy of Walsh's "Celtic Music for Recorder," but have not tried to put the two instruments together. This has planted the seed of the...
  13. Replies
    Views

New Heartwood SMT-10 Tenor Guitar

A friend invited me to watch Chris Leslie perform in Derby last fall. Chris played and sang on several instruments; including a cool 4-stringed one that I'd never seen before. That was my...