Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuner...not Tuners

Snarks here. Red and Black. Don't think I've changed the batter in either; I just remember to turn it off when I've tuned :)
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Hector the Hero

Your wish etc.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Dots or no dots

I just use the side dots; fretboard dots are useful to help work out what some else is playing :)
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

Totally agree, I’ve even gone to the extent of editing out the spoken parts when they get too annoying on some tracks in my collection.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What's this then -electric Bandurria?

Whatever it is I’m sure someone will be along in a minute to ask what the point of it is! :))
  6. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Why do I play electric mandolin?

Like any other instrument. Because I can*.

I originally got mine for quiet practice but it gives me a palette of sounds that I can’t get from a guitar or...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Stand Recommendations

It depends on how you want to use it for and how likely pets, children or other family members are likely to knock it over! I’ve got a variety of stands.

One similar to this:...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Tablature for Game of Thrones

GIYF https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/misc_television/game_of_thrones_-_mandolin_tabs_1162394 :)
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: 19" octave mandolin - tune as CGDA

Using a set of EJ76 as a starting point and putting in your scale length suggests that a. 012, 022w, 030w, 044w will have a similar tension to EJ76 on a 1 3/4” scale
  10. Re: Transcribing from sheet music to tab help

Thanks that’s a useful tool. Wouldn’t have been too much effort the other way - I was planning to let Tabledit do the hard work :)
  11. Re: Transcribing from sheet music to tab help

Hope that’s worked?

It shows as a black image but if you click on it it should open a pdf
  12. Re: Transcribing from sheet music to tab help

I found the abc on abc notation so could make a tab for you from that. But possibly not for a few days as its a holiday weekend here.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: GDAD Tuning

If I tuned my OM that way it would be a bouzouki :) I tried for a while but went back to GDAE because I was getting too confused switching between OM, mandolin and guitar in DADGAD. For some tunes...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: It has finally happened (HELP!)

Perhaps he was trying to tell you something? :grin:
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Electric mandolin - a few questions...

For what it's worth I use the same gauge stings on my electric (8 string) as I do on my acoustic but obviously in steel rather than PB.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Forgive the newbie question:

Yes, as foldedpath says can be easily done. For gauges just go for ones that are half the diameter of your current G and D strings or if you have spare A and E strings you can use those.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: OM Nut Width?

The nut on my Ashbury is 1-3/8”. It’s wider than my mandolin but i have no problem switching between the two instruments. For me it was just a case of getting used to it.
  18. Re: how many of you venture up to-or beyond the 18th fret ?

I think you’re all showing off! :) Save for the 12th fret (to check intonation) I never go above the 7th, that’s nosebleed territory.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Music venues in London England

TimeOut magazine and their website timeout.com is a good source for London listings
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What is a Celtic mandolin?

Probably waiting until we have a definitive answer so as not to confuse the issue by posting a picture of a “wrong” one :)

In the meantime here’s mine:
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocaster?

Yes, it’s what I’d call a “standard” mandolin bridge for a flattop. You can move it fore and aft for intonation but if you want to change the intonation you need to get the sandpaper ot
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocaster?

Are you set on a Mandocaster or will you look at other shapes?

I’m very happy with my Ashbury AM240

https://i.postimg.cc/qBSRG6fS/image.jpg
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Band in a Box

After all the praise here I decided to take the plunge. I’m a little disappointed.....

https://i.postimg.cc/MZm1B0Nx/023479-FE-30-F2-4-CF1-893-B-A341-B1-DA5-F7-F.jpg
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: tablature

The output from Tabledit makes an attempt to indicate the length for quavers, semi-quavers and dotted notes but doesn’t distinguish crotchets and longer notes
  25. Re: Irish Bouzouki as first stringed instrument?

I’d suggest that you learn to play an instrument that you want to play. You’ll be more motivated to practice and will improve faster.

If you then wanted to learn something else you’ll have the...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4