Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Hey John! I’m the current caretaker of Dave’s Nugget A5. Where are you based out of? I’m on the road a decent amount playing and if I’m coming through the area I can try and bring it and you can play...
  2. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 18: Water in a Well

For the month of March we are taking a look at Sierra's work on Sturgill Simpson's Cuttin' Grass albums. Free sheet music/tab can be found here:...
  3. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 4: I Don't Mind

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/413780

34JISFu0cp8
  4. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 3: Breakers Roar

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/413780

7nsOt0_ErTU?
  5. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 2: All The Pretty Colors

VkmVlsQeLRk
  6. Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For March!

Since Ronnie McCoury month was so fun I decided to do another month of transcriptions for y'all.

I think I've been asked about Sierra Hull's solos on the Sturgill Simpson albums Cuttin' Grass more...
  7. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 33: Red Eyes on a Mad Dog

The last post for Ronnie McCoury Month. This is bittersweet for me, this was a heck of a challenge (and I was away from home for half...
  8. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 31: Thanks A Lot

Got home from a 36 hour van ride and immediately went to recording today's video. My brain is fried from sitting in a van for that long but I...
  9. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 29: Barefoot Nellie

I believe this one was requested in this thread! What a great straight ahead bluegrass break, love it. I thought I'd challenge my core and...
  10. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Thanks for that. I didn't go seeking out Dave's mandolin, it sort of found me in some ways. But what a killer instrument. I know it can't be any more broken in, especially with Dave owning it prior. ...
  11. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 26: All Aboard

This is the last day of the month which means this is the last video I have scheduled! What a crazy month it has been, I've learned so much from these...
  12. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 25: The King's Shilling

I've started adding in monster arpeggios in my playing after learning the last phrase of this song! So simple but executed so well. Free sheet...
  13. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 24: Travelin' Teardrop Blues

Now THAT is a Ronnie solo if I've ever heard one. Free sheet music/tab are here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

RDcS92nIkSU
  14. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Thanks Adam! It's a Nugget A style that was a contest prize for the Winfield mandolin championship in 1987. It was won by legendary mandolin player David Peters and he played the snot out of it. It's...
  15. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 21: Goldbrickin'

I know some of y'all were waiting for this one.. Sheet music and tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

DVsGDaOcZE8
  16. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 20: I Remember You

Ronnie's playing is always great but can we give Del McCoury some props. Such an amazing and unique voice, especially slays on this tune. Free sheet...
  17. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 16: I Haven’t Seen Mary In Years

If I could play back up mando parts the rest of my career I’d be happy. Free sheet music/tab here:...
  18. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 15: Dig A Little Deeper (In The Well)

My kitty (Ella) loves hearing the mandolin. I guess she’s a fan of Ronnie too. Free sheet music/tab can be found here:...
  19. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 14: Count Me Out

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

qaFNH-t94sw
  20. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 13: Learnin' the Blues

We can't have a whole month of Ronnie and not have a big triplet run. Free sheet music/tab can be found here:...
  21. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 10: Honey Hurry Home

Heading out for a few gigs with the Henhouse Prowlers this weekend (Rockford and Bloomington, IL!) and thought I'd post another video before I left....
  22. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 9: Delma Blue

Ronnie's tremolo and double stop feel gives me the chills. Love this solo! As always, the sheet music/tab can be found for free here:...
  23. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Anybody got a S hole, X-braced Gil they want to sell me? Honestly, not even a joke, I'd buy one :))
  24. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 8: Long Journey Home

Just want to thank everyone who has tuned in thus far. I promise I read all the comments and I appreciate all the kind things people have been...
  25. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 7: Break Up

Woo, a whole week is complete! Feels good to have seven of these out in the world but we still have the rest of the month to go. Today is another solo off of...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4