Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Poor Woman's Repair aka What Have I Got To Lose?

I finally found the before photo. It's not very clear but you can see the angle, and the very pronounced twist. The second photo I took today; the neck isn't perfect, but it wasn't even playable...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Poor Woman's Repair aka What Have I Got To Lose?

The first photo is hard to tell what's going on. The squarish loop of wire and the dirty black tool bag are looped from the G string peg for weight. The mandolin is IN the crock...
  3. Replies
    Views

For the older players: arthritis and mandolining

Hi. I am curious how those of you who have developed arthritis are managing. It came on rather quickly for me, first just in my thumbs which wasn't much of an issue, but now it's in my fingers as...
  4. Replies
    Views

Shapes of mandolin bodies (and holes)

Hello.

Someday I'd like to build my own instrument. I am curious why there are only 2-3 basic shapes for mandolins, A, F, and another (don't know shape name)

If I was making one from scratch,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Selmer Souzas Make Banjo mandolin

There's a better shot of the label. I made the ebony bridge.
    I found a wonderful resource of old music news, it told about Selmer being in Boston and they seemed to be in...
  6. Replies
    Views

I made a New Ebony Bridge

I just bought a banjo mandolin by Selmer. It came with a puny 4-string bridge that may have belonged on a uke or something. My boyfriend has a machinist shop, wood shop, gun shop; a very well stocked...