Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Nick Smith, Ludo Guitars

I haven't posted on here for a few years... Long-term depression got in the way, coupled with a Covid related heart attack 18 months ago... just the usual stuff that happens in life... no sympathy...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: 17" Scale, has anyone heard of one?

I had this 4 string single course 'dola made by Colin Kendall a couple of years ago. It's a bit like a short scale tenor guitar, tuned CGDA with an 18" scale length. It also has a Headway pickup...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: electric mandolin with octave pedal

As are the Pitchfork and Slammi. Bill Ruppert demonstrates their polyphonic pitch shifting capabilities particularly well, and as I said, I use them both to tune my electric mandola down a 4th to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: electric mandolin with octave pedal

Yes, i've tried many combinations of octave/pitchshifting over the years, both with my electric mandolins and mandolas. Some worked well for single note bass lines, but not many work well if you want...
  5. Replies
    Views

Fretless Electric Mandola

I've wanted a fretless electric mandola ever since I started listening to the Turkish fretless guitar master Erkan Ogur. Looks like someone beat me to it. No actual video footage but some pics of...
  6. Replies
    Views

Okay wise guy; maybe he meant the "literate & the...

this is the choice? # [/QUOTE]

Okay wise guy; maybe he meant the "literate & the illiterate" - it's still a wise comment! We all learn from every situation, and every experience informs us in some...
  7. Replies
    Views

If I choose to refer to a piece of tab in order...

If I choose to refer to a piece of tab in order to understand how a tune was played, it does not necessarily mean that I intend to play the piece, as written. It can often help me to understand the...