Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: “one announcement we're privy to that will rock the industry”

We did a feature interview with Steve back in 2014 that's worth a revisit. When you understand the scope of what they perform, the work they're doing for major, well known, guitar (and other...
  2. Re: “one announcement we're privy to that will rock the industry”

It got the attention of other builders at the show, and plenty not there as well. Carlson is a big deal, has always been a big deal, and many of the people that worked under him at Flatiron are still...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 NAMM Show Report

It won't be released for another 9 years. The copy on the page reads:

Created especially for the 2029 Winter NAMM show...

Looks like a solid-body, although the ad doesn't say. Although it looks...
  4. Replies
    Views

I thought that was here last year but not 100% sure.
  5. Replies
    Views

My daughter took this picture I put on social media a few minutes ago. Kind of a sweet moment I thought. This is long time Saga/Kentucky Mandolin employee Bryan Uhlenbrock on right showing an...
  6. Replies
    Views

To our esteemed Admin and family, and anyone else from here at the Cafe' that is reporting from NAMM this year, I'm sending my sincere gratitude. You're allowing me and my family to enjoy notable...
  7. Replies
    Views

I wish people would stop posting pictures of Weber's . . . it makes it very hard to say that I am over my MAS . . . . .
  8. Replies
    Views

2020 NAMM Show Report

Just in the door a few minutes ago.

First surprise: Calton is normally right by the entrance I come in but to my surprise, they're not at the show so won't be able to visit with anyone about their...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sold my Collings and got a Pava

A while ago... over a year, i made my first post here about my struggle with the neck and sound of Collings MT. I was not in love with it but decided to stick with it. This was a mistake. The...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Pre NAMM discussion

Well, you probably know this, but I have a secret food life (outside of chicken soup, even) that parallels mandolin in about the same amount of craziness. Came out a couple days early to Anaheim for...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Pre NAMM discussion

i'm going to be first in line to buy Gibson's new Ricky Skaggs signature edition Master Model bowlback.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Jam Master Questions

I've had both a Jam Master A and a Nashville Flatiron F. Both were very good, and good value too. I did like the Flatiron a bit better though. They can be incredible mandolins for the price. Compared...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Help a Beginner?

1. I love this guy... and he's also a member here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MandoLessons
    2. if you're using a guitar pick, toss it and acquire a real mando pick. The thickness helps
    3. learn to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: What's The One That Got Away?

There was a screaming good deal on a Red Diamond A style in the classifieds about 6 months ago. I hesitated too long and it went fast, not surprisingly. I can't complain because I've already got the...
  15. Re: Opinion about Gibson F-5G and F-9 new iterations

I have nothing but the highest respect for David Harvey, his reputation is extremely high and many if not most recent buyers are reporting great happiness with their instruments... I also have...
  16. Replies
    Views

Thankful for this forum

I made my first post a few months ago lamenting my costly error of buying a Collings MT and the how the v neck was causing hand pain and was not working for me. I got all kinds of great feedback...
  17. Thread: Why "The"?

by dhergert
    Replies
    Views

Re: Why "The"?

Yes, and "The " garbage goes out on Friday morning...

Just kidding, I do appreciate the "The " mandolins.
  18. Re: So... They seem to think I'm starving and homeless?

Consider another approach and embrace the tips -- for someone else's good.

Get a large plastic tip jar (flat-sided plastic fishbowls work great), put a sign on it stating that all tips go to a...
  19. So... They seem to think I'm starving and homeless?

Long story short:

Wife goes into the grocery, and I pull out my hammok chair, my music notes, my mandolin, and start practicing in the parking lot of the grocery near the mid to back end of the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in Heaven ?

If you think this thread is silly or not relevant you can always search threads on " Which Picks "or "Which strings " ! That will keep you busy reading ! :)
  21. Replies
    Views

Hmmm, didn't I read something about publicans, sinners and banjo players?

Well, anyway, whatever instruments are present, I'm sure we'll be more happy than we can imagine there.
  22. Replies
    Views

Well, since the fiddle is known as the "Devil's box" they would not be found in Heaven. And banjos, probably not either. So I'm thinking just harps and mandolins.

I play mandolin and octave...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Post MAS syndrome

You have to be extremely careful becoming content with the mando herd... Your eyes may begin to stray toward other instruments. In worst case scenarios, you may find yourself entertaining the idea...
  24. Replies
    Views

Post MAS syndrome

Acquision: the day finally comes, you buy that vintage A you've been thinking of, and a week later, you buff out your F style build. Euphoria.

Phase one: you realize two weeks have gone by and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile shred

Very well done!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3