Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Tailpiece tines are bent upward: new tailpiece needed?

Yeah, it mostly looks like someone bent them up (except for the bottom G!) to make re-stringing easier, though they've gone a bit far. As suggested, if you can bend them down a a tiny bit and maybe...
  2. Re: Tailpiece tines are bent upward: new tailpiece needed?

I don't see them broken off, in that picture ... hardly bent...
    what's the problem with bending them down, carefully?

100 years on the original Gibson tailpiece is fine ...
    Have you bent the...
  3. Re: Tailpiece tines are bent upward: new tailpiece needed?

I personally don't mind the stamped tailpieces if they are adjusted so the cover comes off easily. I do get the stainless steel instead of plain steel, they last longer with no problems.
  4. Re: Tailpiece tines are bent upward: new tailpiece needed?

Before buying a new one, or getting an upgrade, you may want to email/call Eastman and ask if it's possible to get a replacement. Just a thought... :)
  5. Re: A tuner shootout: TC Electronic Unitune vs. Peterson StroboCl

Aaron,I agree with your assessments. I can use the Peterson ok but prefer the Unitune.PS,My first Unitune would eat a battery in a few uses. Sweetwater sent me a new one to replace it. Works great.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Carters and Gruhns...visit yesterday

What good is playing an instrument you could never hope to afford? You just end up wishing you could and every instrument you can afford is always going to be lacking, so I just educate myself to the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Strategy to get better

I think there are probably an infinite number of ways to get better, and all of them probably have some merit.

An observation--

I know a number of people who practice their instrument...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Wow! Could it be another NC?

If I practiced four hours a day for twenty years, would I be able to play as fast as that? Not a hope.

If I lived five minutes from the venue, would I pay money to watch music like that? Probably...
  9. Replies
    Views

All - I have posted on my little mando web...

All -

I have posted on my little mando web site (http://mando.tauxe.net) a new resource that I hope some will find useful. I have at long last completed the drafting up of my collection of mando...