Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The Beatles: Eleanor Rigby

Here's today's arrangement. Thanks for listening!

https://youtu.be/m_fnrbn0IuA
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: New Guy from Ky.

“I do believe, though, that it’s important for musicians to really try and master a traditional style. Because, if you’re going to try to build on something, you really need to understand where it’s...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Guy from Ky.

If you learn all the Monroe stuff, you'll be real good at playing all the Monroe stuff.
  4. Replies
    Views

Eastman re-fret in progress

The Eastman MD815v (2009) I got from an old friend last May had some seriously worn frets, and when I got the Northfield, with the larger "guitar size" frets, I decided to put the same thing on the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble Style J #67

6. Replies
    Views

Kimble Style J #67

Hi

I have just bought the above by way of a private transaction. I'm in Dublin Ireland. It's a real beauty. I would appreciate any information that anyone in the Kimble community may have on this...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Resisting the "Iron Maiden"

The problem I have practicing with a metronome is it slows down on the easy part and speeds up on the hard parts.
  8. Re: Bill Monroe's mandolin played once again - now with video

I posted the video on my FB a few hours after it first posted. I've seen it a dozen times too. When you hear him hit the open E string the first time, you know it's still got it. Then there is...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: “Beware of the MAS"

ok now, I am sitting down. can you please tell me how mush $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ do I have to spend to hurt my bank account with out getting a divorce.
  10. Thread: Nashville Today

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

Nashville Today

I finally made my first pilgrimage to Nashville. We're staying in the heart of the "NashVegas Strip". Its hot, but having a blast. I got to play at the Blue Bird Cafe's open mic last night. What a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: “Beware of the MAS"

I'm looking at getting a divorce if I buy any more mandolins...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Massage

If you substitute the words "Jack Daniels" for "Orbital Sander" in the above, I have had exactly the same repeatable experience.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Massage

There is that Sanskrit book written between 200 and 300 A.D., but don't tell us how it worked out for you or your mandolin.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Amusing story

What a great thread! I worked with an 3rd grade ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) class, years ago, for about two months in my last year of my graduate studies. They were mostly...
  15. Thread: Amusing story

by Big Joe
    Replies
    Views

I spent 3 1/2 weeks in the hospital in April. I asked if I could play my mandolin and they said yes, if I don’t interrupt any other patients. I closed the door when I played at first, but the staff...
  16. Thread: Amusing story

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

There's a lot of yard work that doesn't get done when I'm talking to my neighbours.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain

I will never forget the phone call I got from my mother saying that my father took his life. Regardless of the fact that we hadn't spoken in 10 years, it was (and still is) incredibly devastating....
  18. Replies
    Views

My guitar players father suffered from very serious depression after surviving his wife in a car accident, he ended his life sadly as well, I have never felt so sorry for a family in my life.
    I was...
  19. Replies
    Views

A good dude that will be missed. I never thought I'd enjoy watching a "cooking show," but his perspective and attitude made it much more than that. Very educational. RIP, Anthony Bourdain.
  20. Replies
    Views

Very sad.

I went to high school with Anthony - Tony, then - he was a year older and was quite the rebel who faced and overcame personal struggles in life to achieve world renown, but sadly...
  21. Replies
    Views

Incredibly sad. We are losing too many great people this way.

It is becoming more and more apparent how difficult it is for people to feel safe in seeking help when their feelings don't make...
  22. Replies
    Views

Incredibly sad.

As someone that has taken one of those phone calls and then had to tell my wife a brother had taken his life, you don't ever forget, and the trail of grief left is very long and...
  23. Re: The things one can find digging thru stuff....

Wonder who bought it and would he be interested in doubleing his money.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Are you a mandolin picker?

I'm guessing that New Orleans is not part of that cultural zone.

But it's close enough that I recall exactly what you say - all sorts of American musical styles as mentioned had "pickers", and now...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Are you a mandolin picker?

If you ask a picker to see his plectrum you might not get invited back to pick with those pickers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3