Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

Boss AD-10. I moved up from the Baggs Venue DI. Amazing gear.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ad-10/
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Dillion mandolins?

With a decent set up they are a fair value for the money. I had the 335 style for a while.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Buzzing amp

Ground issue likely, and most likely the Eastwood. Compare on a different amp with no known issues. If buzzing continues, it's tech time to chase the ground.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp VS Booster Pedal

I have an older Loudbox, and it does amplify the K&K inside my MD-515 nicely. That said, IMO piezos will always be well served by sculpting the sound with a good preamp and EQ. I used to love my old...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez Model 524 (1978)

Congrats on a great purchase. The 1970's M-I-J mandolins can be a widely varying bunch, but I think Ibanez (and for that matter the Aria Pro II) often put out well-produced, great sounding...
  6. Replies
    Views

Even the Rolling Stone gets it

Great piece in RS about the loss of Bobby and Jesse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/bobby-osborne-jesse-mcreynolds-bluegrass-dead-obit-1234780880/
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: pick up recommendations requested...

Have you looked at the Wilde Bill L45S? Bill Lawrence's wife and daughter are keeping his legacy alive. IIRC, I had one put in the Kentucky. The original install messed up the wiring harness, but the...
  8. Poll: Re: A Mandolin - Need Hardshell Case and Amplifier

Access Stage 1 cases will meet your needs. So will Crossrock, or Gator. They're widely available. TKL and Superior are probably just over the budget.

The Roland Street Cube EX 2x8 50W exceeds your...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone use an octave pedal?

Boss OC5 runs around $150 street. Sounds good with the El Rey!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

So, I loved that my Rigel A had the strap button at the heel. Made it super easy. Iirc, my Crafter A/E also had a heel strap button installed, as did the Newson single cutaway. Just saying this is a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Make Me a Pallet on Your Floor

Nicely done all the way around. Channeling some Dawg with that trem. Really supports the song nicely!

FWIW, WC Handy published Memphis Blues in 1912. My great grandfather L. D. Joel opened the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Four or five string vs. eight string

Not looking at amplified acoustic mandolins, I've had the Kentucky (solid) and Epi (solid) four stringers, a custom Jerman four and five string, a Crafter hollow (a/e 8 with active pu) and Dillon 8...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Bravo D'Addario XS Strings!

Just got a set of XS today for the F-5. Had a set put on at Grey Fox and loved them.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 tuning machines upgrade

Took it to the local dealer and had the tech do it. He didn't indicate anything other than an easy swap.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: A pedal tuner question

The Polytune Noir has been a solid performer for me. It is first in the chain. Can't recommend it enough.
  16. Replies
    Views

Lark Street Music

Went into Lark Street Music passing through town yesterday for some business. Buzzy had a couple Gibby's that particularly caught my eye; an A2Z, and a 1928 F-4. I spent about 25 minutes between...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass Festivals This Year???

Just bought my tix for Grey Fox. Excited for its return.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

And just for fun.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

My McClung is an o.t.p. model. There is no interference with the Tone Gard on my Eastman 515.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Necks Consistent?

I love the neck profile of my 2018 MD-515. It is such a better fit for my hand than my Rigel that I loaded it with a K&K and let the Rigel go. Loved that instrument but never loved the neck.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky Vs LOAR

The Eastman offers lifetime warranty to the original owner. Kentucky still doesn't. IME the Loar 700 is a competitive instrument in its dollar class. Otherwise, I found the Loar line underwhelming. A...
  22. Re: Let's talk small, high-end, acoustic amps

《These days I use ether the Bose L1 model 2 with their ToneMatch for more open areas or the Bose S1 Pro (two of them) and the ToneMatch for tighter venues. They are both excellent options.》

My...
  23. Re: conundrum: 3 calton splatter color combos

My inner Deadhead smiles and says "Crimson, white and indigo, indigo."
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Which portable amp?

Roland Street Cube EX. Takes batteries, sounds great.
    Bose S1. Takes a charge. Sounds great.
  25. Re: Replacement Tuning machines for Eastman MD515

Update: no one has the appropriate Grovers available...and Rubner has a bit of a sale going. I decided the snake wood button machines were just too pretty to pass up.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4