Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Paul Shippey Tone Mandolin

Wow! It really looks great. Congratulations!
  2. Replies
    Views

That's a beautiful instrument. I bet it sounds great.
  3. Replies
    Views

Blimey - the amount of instruments i have for my mediocre talent (OK I’ll admit I am a half decent if unprolific songwriter) and you’re saying that about a Shippey Mando :LOL: :)
    Paul said one of...
  4. Replies
    Views

What Chuck said!
  5. Replies
    Views

Good choice! And, away with the idea that you need to be “worthy” of it! If I waited until I was worthy to get at least 2 of mine, I’d be playing a Rogue, lol!!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin art (drawing)

Your drawing is quite well done with the contrasts in light and dark. Here is another I did recently. I have been doing this just about a year, so I still have much to learn.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin art (drawing)

My father did pencil drawings and watercolor paintings quite well. After he died, I took his drawing pencils and a fresh pad of paper. I have enjoyed trying to draw and it makes feel...
  8. Replies
    Views

Congratulations! That’s a very tastefully appointed and beautiful instrument!
  9. Replies
    Views

Mandolin art (drawing)

I did this piece a few years ago and recently ran across it. Thought someone here might enjoy it as a desktop background or something. Pretty sure this is an old painting or photo I saw and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hey - that was my own axe bouzouki :) Paul has it back on loan to show customers :)

I saw your mandolin before you picked it up. Don't worry I didn't play it
    Paul's instruments are insanely easy...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Celtic/Irish Mandolins

NK Forster wrote quite an interesting article on this not so long ago.

http://www.nkforsterguitars.com/tag/celtic-mandolin/
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Thinking about the Mandolin

If you turn into a mandolin by day, who will turn into a guitar by night? They can never meet until you break the spell and just try playing them all... ;)
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Evening all,

I've been watching this thread to see how things have been going and looks like all is good. However, there are a couple of updates I've promised that I've been too busy to take on...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Wegen picks inconsistent?

I just heard back from Michel Wegen. He said this:

I'm sorry to hear this, and I have just read the discussion in Mandolion Cafe. I am willing to replace any of my new picks with issues, that...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Thicker primetone picks

Those are for the folks who 'really' need more 'cutting power' in their pickin'.

Rob - In the days even before the US postal charges went up dramatically,my US bought goods were held by our...
  16. Replies
    Views

Jacobson Nautilus Nordic-themed mandolin

Here's a new instrument I just finished. It's going to a very patient customer in Norway.
    This instrument is completely different than most Gibson-style oval-hole instruments, more like a Sobell in...
  17. Replies
    Views

cretan mandolin

thanks to margriet greydanus, this appeared on my FB page - lovely, exhuberent playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejmMrb2r2ic&feature=share
  18. Replies
    Views

newMANDOLINday – YAY!

When the DAYofDAYS arrived (Oct 21st) I couldn’t get home fast enough. The UPS tracking info said my mando would be delivered at “the end of day”, which of course could mean anytime between 5:30p...