Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Brought home a Buckeye!

I met Pete Hart back in the '90's at a festival in Clay City, KY. He is by far one of the nicest people I have ever known. I needed some work done on one of my mandolins and he said he would be glad...
  2. Re: Hypothetical high dollar mando purchase question...

I'm of the opinion that you only live once. Do it without any regrets. If your budget allows it, go for it. If you buy right, then when it comes time, you should be able to get your money back out of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What is Groove?

It seems that there are several definitions of what the "groove" is so I would like to add mine. Each song has a natural feel to it based on tempo, type of rhythm, and emotion. If you pay attention...
  4. Re: Bluegrass - A question for those who improvise

When I recorded it with Pete Gobel and Bill Emerson in 1985, Pete had me kick it off on the open A-string and take it into the 4...

I think the most important thing is stick close enough to the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: 'Danger' of genius?

Could it be that the reason that some people don't like what Tony Rice or Chris Thile or Noam Pikelny are doing and saying "that ain't bluegrass" is because they are jealous that they can't play like...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Since when is 1970s "vintage" ?

Even Martin guitars created a "Vintage" series of guitars modeled after those that were built in the '30's and early '40's. Yes, the word of overused for sure and as most of the posts say, it's...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin of MAS Destruction?

You only live this life once. If you are working and taking care of your responsibilities, there is no reason that you shouldn't have the things that would give you some happiness. Besides, if it is...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Learning Opportunities...

Pete Hart, who builds the Buckeye mandolins, is near Athens as well. I recall him
    telling me that he learned from someone who lived near him. Great guy and does
    excellent work.
  9. Re: I just Googled "Best Mandolin". Amazing results...

Uh, hey, this is the MC forum...

JK, I know what you mean. I think the OP put this here for the rest of us to get a chuckle.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Which type of practice do you do?

I practice pretty much all of the time inside my head. This is how I work out the different tunes that I want to play. Then, when I get time at home, I get my mandolin and try to get what is in my...