Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Lyon & Healy Style A #1674 1925 - looking for info

Tim,
    I also own the Pleijsier book & as far as I know it's the only complete book of Lyon & Healy/Washburn. I also have some reprint Healy catalogs that are good but don't really tell the...
  2. Re: Lyon & Healy Style A #1674 1925 - looking for info

Lyon & Healy Style A #1802 1925

I purchased my Healy from David Grisman in 2014 & this has mow become my favorite mandolin, I love playing Italian music with it along with songs from the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

My Pop played mandolin in the Munier Mandolin & Guitar Orchestra for some 40 years, thanks for the video I was unable to attend this concert & it looks like I missed a great program.
    You can check...
  4. Replies
    Views

David,
    Thanks for the music, I will try to learn how to play it.
  5. Replies
    Views

Thanks for your kind words, I miss our weekly mandolin playing sessions, I hope to live as long as he did.

I just listened to you playing Mazurka Fresca very nice sounding song I like it very...
  6. Replies
    Views

Italian Mandolin music may be forgotten but not in my family, my Pop was born in Italy & played the mandolin for some 80 plus years. He played in an Italian mandolin orchestra, at wedding,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Classical Mandolin Dealers

I play both a Lyon & Healy A & B & these make great classical mandolins. Both of these may be expensive but sometimes can be found on both Mandolin Cafe & e-bay.
    I play mainly Italian music & songs...
  8. Re: Munier Mandolin and Guitar Orchestra - Illumination

My dad was a member of the Munier Mandolin Orchestra for some 30 years, he was also their oldest active member.
    He played the mandolin for some 90 plus years before passing away at 107.
    This is him...