Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The Gilchrist looks a bit jealous

For what it's worth, Thile playing Bach on the Dude.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSZ40V0teGM
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Weight Relief for TONE GUARD

I've never had issue with the weight. Just something I got used to quite easily.

With regards to the CT video, I got to see #75316 up close after a show at the Largo in Los Angeles. It looked...
  3. Re: D'Addario EXP74CM "Chris Thile Gauges" Now Available

YES! Thank you!!! Can't wait to give these a try.
  4. Thread: Kimble #220

by Timothy S
    Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble #220

Seems to open up a little bit more every day. Very subtle. The tone is crisp, clear, and even across the strings/up the fretboard. I jumped down from a 1-3/16" nut on my Breedlove to 1-1/16" on the...
  5. Thread: Kimble #220

by Timothy S
    Replies
    Views

Kimble #220

On Tuesday I received Kimble #220! I was apprehensive about ordering a mandolin blind, but Will exceeded my expectations and was very easy to work with. Here are a few quick photos, and please...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

If I read the headstock correctly, looks like I'll be the owner of Kimble #220. Just got the photo from Will today.
  7. Re: New Gibson F9s produced by David Harvey: Wow!

Nah this was back in February of 2013. I actually just found the thread about that particular mandolin.
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?93056-Gibson-F5-Goldrush!&highlight=Goldrush...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Old verse New Which is better?

I echo the general sentiments shared thus far. Build date alone is in no way a completely reliable metric for quality. You'll find both mediocre and exceptional instruments from various builders...
  9. Thread: Picks

by Timothy S
    Replies
    Views

Re: Picks

I'll have to give a +1 on the BlueChip. When I first started playing mandolin I was using a Fender Heavy celluloid pick that was my go-to guitar pick. Being a huge Chris Thile fan, I decided to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidity & Temperature

I think what he's talking about is the Dampp-Chaser system for pianos. I have one installed on my August Forster grand, but like Bob Clark has mentioned, I'm seeing issues with the sensors. It kept...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Altman Mandolin Tone

Tone is quite possibly the hardest thing to describe when it comes to musical instruments for the simple reason that everyone hears and understands sound slightly differently. The discussion of the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Intro, and a couple of thank yous

Welcome to the Cafe! Always great to have more mando players in world. Hope you enjoy the journey!
  13. Thread: Wider Neck?

by Timothy S
    Replies
    Views

Re: Wider Neck?

Yet another +1 for the Breedlove. I've got an FF and I'm beginning to find that I prefer the thinner Gibson neck widths over the 1-3/16'' of the Breedlove.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F5 Goldrush!

AH! I saw that in the shop just before it shipped. I was having a pickup installed in my Breedlove. I went to take a look but I was told she already had a new home :'( In any case, I'm very excited...