Search:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What is the most mandolins you've owned at one time?

Great picture, Darryl! It looks like you live in a treehouse! :mandosmiley:
  2. Replies
    Views

We're not so weird...

I'm a mando-holic, might have a bit of a guitar problem, and I own way too many bluegrass cd's.
    But I just read that there are people who collect Vintage Kool-Aid packets...

I feel better.

Kirk
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

I believe that if you buy 3 or more Blue Chip picks they will throw in one of these mandolins for free
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Howdy all. As it does, life has gotten in the way of posting to the forum recently so my apologies for any ignored requests to be added to the recipient lists for the picks.

The lack of any info...
  5. Re: Four-string nylon-stringed mando. Acoustic.

I'm working on something to fit this need, but in the meantime . . . https://www.mandolele.com/

Steve
  6. Replies
    Views

NMD... Generosity indeed!

So shortly before the Christmas and the New year, I decided it was time to sell my Eastman. I gave Marty Jacobson a shout through email, and he was available for me to come down to the shop to have...
  7. Replies
    Views

Eastman MD-315 for Christmas! Woohoo!

Over the weekend my wife was asking me what she could get me for Christmas. I told her I could use a new pair of shoes for work - mine are getting pretty worn. She said she wanted something that I'd...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretboard inlays

How about THIS?!? Hard to beat the classics. My favorite headstock inlay of all time: Gibson Torch and Wire. My favorite fretboard inlay of all time: Tree of Life.

9. Replies
    Views

Pick sampler 1 is on the way, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
  10. Replies
    Views

I'm done with Pick sampler #1, darrylicshon you are up!
  11. Re: Keeping instruments for sentimental reasons

Had a fellow that lived in a neighboring community who had an old Martin guitar. He was offered over $15,000.00 for it in the ‘90s. Didn’t want to sell it because he wanted to hand it down. Got to...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping instruments for sentimental reasons

Back when the kids lived in the house and involved in sports, I'd keep instruments in the back of my station wagon. One, an LXM Martin, which was made from formica-like wood stuff. I'd always have...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Does an oval hole have advantages?

If you drop your pick inside the mandolin, it's easier to get it out if you have an oval soundhole.
  14. Replies
    Views

Grisman's New Trio

Saw the new Grisman Trio @ SF Jazz last night with Danny Barnes and Sam Gisman. He talked about going into the studio soon, this was only their 3rd gig. David featured almost a dozen new tunes, and...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Buyer does not cover PayPal fees

I seriously doubt most people actually read the user agreement, or remember it more than 10 minutes.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Summer camping trips with the mandolin...

The real problem here is you need a beater. So you need to go buy a Collings so you can consider your KM 150 your beater. That way you can take your KM 150 without worrying. After all, it's your...
  17. Replies
    Views

Mystery Mandolin Arriving Wed.

I am anticipating the arrival of a vintage mandolin from a family member. I received the Gibson A4 (1909) in 1982 and that one started me on the mandolin journey. There were two being passed down...
  18. Re: Norman’s rare guitars guitar of the day: 1923 f5 Lloyd LoGibs

Well, yeah, seems like you could toss in free shipping and a Blue Chip pick for 150 Gs
  19. Re: Norman’s rare guitars guitar of the day: 1923 f5 Lloyd LoGibs

I don't know why that always gets me- $150,000 (+$65 shipping...) :redface:
  20. Re: Someone is going to be upset if they buy this Gibson,

But he does offer free shipping.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

so lets look at it like this. if I was to win the lottery this week & I could give every one here 3k, what would most people here buy. or should I say what is the most popular amateur mandolin...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Ugh. It happened.

My two are as great as I need great to be. But - no reso? no vintage? no oval? no electric? 'Scuse me while I go down to the duck pond and wait for my ship to come in! . . .
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Ugh. It happened.

I have pretty much reached saturation with guitars, but every time I think I could sell a few, I play them. End of story.

Now as to your situation, I think you just have to have an old Gibson. I'm...
  24. Replies
    Views

Ugh. It happened.

I've turned into a mando slut.

After years happily playing guitar, I bought a fifty-dollar Fender mandolin on impulse three or four years ago. Sold that, got two more - a Mid-Missouri and a Red...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I get rid of my other instruments?

That's awesome.

Honestly just a few days after I started this thread I was recording some backing tracks with my guitar to have something to noodle around on top of with the mandolin. Not sure...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4