Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Wow, great to see everyone's work. I am working on my first one....a lot of lessons learned. I will want to do another more advanced kit for a second one. I am miles and miles from doing one from...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Advice for a good bluegrass mandolin

I am partial to the Kentucky Mandolins because that is what I own....good luck with you decision.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Best value near $1000

I would agree, I own a Kentucky, I love it. I will never change, it was a Father's Day gift that my wife bought for me and it was/is the best gift I have ever received with the exception of my kids...
  4. Replies
    Views

Humidifiers and sound

Afternoon everyone....

I do not own a humidifier.....going to get one. I understand what a humidifier will do in terms of the condition of the mandolin....but will it...or how will it enhance the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you take your mandolin out of the house?

I take mine out....I am in sales, helps pass the time in hotel rooms.....just me and the mando, sometimes I figure out more when it's like that...no other distractions. Fun too....I have stayed at...
  6. Thread: What would YOU do?

by OU1
    Replies
    Views

Re: What would YOU do?

Take the week off....it will be good for you! Watch you tube videos if you have too, enjoy the others around you...have fun!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New Years Resolutions?

Play more Mandolin
    Finish the mandolin I am building (80% completed)
    Play more Mandolin
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Old question from a new member, good basics book?

Afternoon,

Sounds like you have some good experience prior to the mandolin....first let me say welcome to the mandolin, it is a great instrument and you will be a fan in a short time....

I saw...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: A new buzzing sound

Wow, great site, I bookmarked it.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: War Veterans and mandolins

Excellent thread!! I appreciate what you have done for our country...I read every reply to this posting....thanks and well done mandolin team!

Scott
    BOOMER SOONERS
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Father's Day Ever?

Congrats and happy Father's Day....I had a very similar experience 2 years ago....it was awesome!!! Enjoy it!

Scott

GO SOONERS!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Am I Cynical or Maybe On To Something About Camps?

WOW......lets just say it like this: to each their own. Camps are different for everyone. I would love to attend and know it would help an "average" player like myself....I think it would be...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Oiling the strings? Mando humidifier

Thanks David...I went out to your website...good stuff, you are an awesome player!

Scott
  14. Re: What Non-Mandolinist Do You Draw Musical Inspiration From?

Mostly family for me. I was the first to pick up a guitar in my family and was only average. My older brother took to the Guitar some years later, then his two boys came along and they are...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Strumming a melody vs. Alternate Picking

By the way, I went to watch your video's...very impressive, you have a real talent...you keep putting video's up and I will watch'em. Nice job!

Scott

GO SOONERS!
  16. Thread: Hello Just joined

by OU1
    Replies
    Views

Re: Hello Just joined

Welcome to the team!

You will have a great time learning to play...here is the best part, you are always in learning mode because the is so much. Here is some quick and easy advice.....I am...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's got a "keeper"?

I've got a keeper with a story.....

I began on an A style mandolin that I got for my brother and that mandolin was given to him by our mom who bought it at a garage sale for 10 bucks. He let me...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: The first song you learned

Camptown races! Always part of a "warm up" these days....glad you asked the question....

GO SOONERS!
  19. Replies
    Views

Happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving fellow mandolin players!

Of the many things that I am thankful for today...I am thankful for a website like this where I get to read the thoughts and discussions from the...