Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Poll: Re: Poll - If there could only be one?

Interesting survey.

Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be just one:)
  2. Molly Tuttle and Tristan Scroggins: Olympia, WA

Tuttle recorded a full-band version of this Rancid song from last century on her new album, but this is a great duo version. Scroggins rocks the rhythm backing her up, and then both of them totally...
  3. Re: Seattle and surrounding - looking for jams and musicians

You might stop by Dusty Strings and ask there. Beware of the mandolin and guitar temptations, though. 😃
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Funk Mandolin - "Kiss" by Prince

Thanks y'all
  5. Replies
    Views

Funk Mandolin - "Kiss" by Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSseN0A3kRw
  6. Replies
    Views

NMD - Girouard Oval

New mandolin day, my new Girouard A Oval arrived yesterday morning. I have been too busy playing it to post or record anything, but here is a start. I opened the box to check on it when I got it,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: 2019 Tune-A-Week Project

Safe travels Jill. The Girouard is sounding great.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: 2019 Tune-A-Week Project

You are amazing Jill ! I wish I had half your ability ! :)
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Swannanoa Gathering 2019

I'll be there again to do repair and set-up work. Always a great week. Hope to see old friends and new faces as well. If all goes as it has the last few years, I'll be in the lounge across from...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Swannanoa Gathering 2019

Oh man, so jealous. I got to go in 2017. Good choice doing 2-4. I started with a class and ended up dropping my 1st period, which was really tough since it was a class with John Reischman. But got to...
  11. Replies
    Views

Swannanoa Gathering 2019

I have lived less than 2 hours from Swannanoa my whole life, but never been to the Gathering. Vacation time and funds worked out this year so I'm finally going!

Signed up for:

Period 2 Class:...
  12. Re: Joining the Girouard club - commissioned a build!

And it's finished! Max just sent these to me and it's as stunning as I imagined it would be! Can't wait to be able to play it!!!

13. Re: Joining the Girouard club - commissioned a build!

Strung up in the white! Max said Lauri will be staining it this weekend and then into finish next week!

172650 172651
  14. Re: Joining the Girouard club - commissioned a build!

Here's a sketch of what the pegged inlay is going to look like, featuring the silhouette of my crazy Beagle Janey Mack! Difficult to see because the lines are so fine but if you click on the blurry...
  15. Thread: Rita Dove

by domradave
    Replies
    Views

Rita Dove

There are 23 poems in the section, "Mandolin", in Dove's book, THOMAS AND BEULAH (1986). The whole book is reprinted in her COLLECTED POEMS: 1974-2004.
    From the poem, "Variation On Pain":

"He...
  16. Re: What’s the hardest tune you can play on mandolin? (Or family)

I'd say the hardest tunes I know are the Choro piece Desvairada, Bach's Dm Gigue, and another Choro called O Voo da Mosca (The Flight of the Fly). I also spent a bunch of time learning the lead and...
  17. Re: What’s the hardest tune you can play on mandolin? (Or family)

The 2 mandolin instrumentals that i simply 'had to learn' were '' Eighth of February'' by John Reischman, & the mandolin 'classic' by Herschel Sizemore ''Rebecca''. I'd learned to play Rebecca on...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Any Mandola Mains Here?

Mandola is my main instrument, although I'm still very much a beginner. I prefer the deep sound of a mandola but it can get frustrating that there's so much more material out there for mandolin. The...
  19. Replies
    Views

Peter Rowan plays mandola a lot.

John Reischman played a lot of mandola on the Harmonic Tone Revealers album. Sounds amazing in combination with Sharon's mandolin.

I'm a recent mandola person,...
  20. Replies
    Views

Mandolas suffer the same as violas. Most people don't know what they are. The difference between a mandolin and a mandola? The mandola holds more beers.:))
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Jamming in St. Johnsbury, VT

There are a few nice jams and other events you could explore in the area.

There is a world class old time jam at Radio Bean in Burlington every other Sunday.

Hatch 31 in Bristol has a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Thank god it's Dog and not Dawg: https://www.dogmt.com/Dog-Chapel.html

Ryk
  23. Replies
    Views

Dont' forget to visit the weird Doggy Chapel, or whatever it's called.
  24. Replies
    Views

It's a bit of a drive, but we have a bluegrass jam at the Filling Station in White River Junction.
  25. Replies
    Views

Tom,

You may want to try and contact Northern Lights music in Littleton, NH, just south of St Jay: http://northernlightsmusic.com. They would have a better idea of actual jams. North of St Jay...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4